Old Easter Swap post...look for new one!

This thread has gotten so long I started a new topic with the rules and check points if you’re looking for easier access…a tip would be to bookmark the post (it’s to the left of the reply button) so you can find it easier.

10 Likes

Do they hafta have rooted hair?

No, this will be a BALD baby only swap. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oops I skipped right over that. :0)

1 Like

Not sure if there will be other internationals but I have interest in doing this one…Will think on which one I would like to do and will PM the form to you when I get back in a couple of days if there are others interested that don’t mind shipping international…

4 Likes

Ok, awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My hands thank you!!

3 Likes

I did that because generally Realborns are more expensive (right now they’re on sale, but they might not be later). So (as an example) it wouldn’t be fair for someone to purchase a $50 kit and you buy a $20 kit.

I’m okay if you don’t care which swap you’re in and pick 5 regular BB kits and 5 Realborns. I’ll just place you in whichever swap works best.

3 Likes

I think I am going to get in on this one. Just need to pick my 5.

3 Likes

I would love to join but don’t think I have the experience needed just yet,maybe by Christmas :grinning:

2 Likes

Anybody can join!
As long as you try your best and make the best baby you can possibly make, you’re good. Just submit the pics and I’ll pair you with someone around your skill level. This isn’t about getting the perfect baby, it’s more about having fun and giving. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

SO is this necessary information pretty much to weed out/exclude those of us who are brand new to reborning?

1 Like

That seems to be the only way anyone new would be able to find a swap partner or be able to participate in anything. Sounds like a good idea

1 Like

Not to exclude, but to match up with someone of a similar skill level :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No, not to exclude. Anyone can join, even if you’ve only made a couple babies. I put this on the form so I can get an idea of your skill and match you up with someone of similar skill level. Sorry you felt offended by these questions…

6 Likes

That would be a private swap then. You can do that anytime, post a wanted ad looking for a swap. The problem with that on a forum wide public swap is multiple people wanting to swap with the same person or someone feeling left out because no one wants to swap with them.

4 Likes

Oh no apologies necessary, I wasn’t offended at all. My question was meant quite literally…if sending pictures of previously made babies are a requirement, but someone is new and has no pictures or previously made babies, then how do they meet the requirements and are allowed to participate? Not to beat the dead horse, but i did read the post about the Christmas swap gone bad and would totally understand if people preferred not to swap with new people like myself who are just learning the art.

3 Likes

LoL the baldy swap …bald is right up my alley. I haven’t tried rooting

SO what about WIP photos, but they are not complete put together babies (like on their bodies, etc), would that be sufficient to gauge skill level?

3 Likes

Could you finish your WIP by Jan. 16th? That’s how long you have to sign up. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

But then people will feel bad and left out if they’re not chosen. It’s like picking a partner for a project, you know?

3 Likes