Oh nooooo

My Sage has the same thing on her face… Holly Paz posted on facebook with her Sage. I checked mine… and the same thing :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Oh no! Not Sage, too! I just packed up my Sage and put her in storage because we are getting ready to move. I will have to go open her box and see what she looks like. Are there any obvious signs of this BEFORE the kit is cleaned or does it only show up during cleaning?

I my goodness. I was going to order Sage, but just had not got around to it. Once in awhile my slowness pays off.

I wonder how many factories BB uses, do they have several with different dolls at different factories? I know no-one knows the answer to this. Does one factory sell to them for less and try to cut costs to recoup their profit? Why do some dolls stink, some hard headed and some completely sof, some places on the dolls that don’t take the paint?. These are things only BB can answer, but I hope it isn’t as complicated as it sounds. Also some of these issues have been found in other doll kit stores, but BB has seemed to have been above this before Covid. Furthermore, lets hope the fix is easy and not expensive for BB, but most of all I hope thiese doll issues can be worked out , they have so many trusting grateful clients who need and want the great product we were used to and appreciated before this crazy Covid changed our world!!

5 Likes

Whoa!! “Sum Ting Wong”!!! hahahahaha

3 Likes

I’m wondering if this has something to do with how they release the kit from the mold. Something was done improperly when doing that, maybe.

I’m not sure BB will have the answer. I doubt it’s anything they’re doing.

2 Likes

What are the flanges like? (are the the “squarer” ones)

seems like the newer factory is screwing up somewhere

3 Likes

2 Likes

After cleaning the paint off her head. I believe the factory is covering up flaws.

. So sad.

8 Likes

Oh wow. Maybe outright deception from the factory.
The plot thickens.

2 Likes

Hmmm… yep her flanges look to be the “new factory”

3 Likes

Still scrubbing paint off of Blakes head… but found yellowing and black spot on his head. I noticed… they are sticky like when the paint is removed off.

4 Likes

@bountifulbaby

It seems to be on many kits

Ruby
Sage
Blake

4 Likes

Wow!! And i was gonna buy Blake…im glad i waited

What is going on with this new factory :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I had that problem with Blake I’m just doing him biracial hope it covers it if not a boo boo baby

1 Like

I’m soaking my Ruby kits right now :pleading_face:

To give everyone an update, we are re-inspecting every kit that may have this problem, not just Ruby. We are finding a few others with parts with paint on (though Ruby had the most so far). Like mentioned before, anyone who finds paint on their kit can email sales@bountifulbaby.com for replacement parts. Any future first quality kits sent out should not have this problem.

It may take us a while to get through inspecting everything. There is a chance we may need to pull some of the kits off the website if we are not able to keep up (just until they are inspected).

The paint is hard to see at first until it is washed, but it is easy to feel. A painted area will have a different texture. The paint is really easy to scratch off, which is why it starts to look worse once the kit is washed.

We are very sorry about the trouble this has caused! The factory did assure us that this will not happen again. We will be watching for this closely on future batches until we are sure it is not a problem anymore.

Sincerely,
Jessica

15 Likes

That is so crazy! Like how does that happen? How are factory parts getting individual paint on them?

1 Like