Oh nooooo

I just washed my Ruby kit to start working on it and mine too has this, what has everyone done? It look horrible. Will the paint even cover that? Any advice, I don’t know what to do.

5 Likes

That looks like it has a coat of paint on it. I’d try scrubbing it with hot water, soap and a stiff brush, like a toothbrush. If that doesn’t work I’d try stripping it with Winsor and Newton. It looks like it will come off. Better to find this out now instead of after you’ve finished painting.

3 Likes

It looks like it has mostly come off the rest? Wash it again? It looks like it scrapes off easily.

1 Like

Well actually it was smaller before I washed it, as I washed it, it just got bigger :hushed:

1 Like

I’ve never seen this on any of my other kits

1 Like

Did you buy the kit from an individual or a reputable company? It really looks like it has a coat of paint on it.

2 Likes

Really? It’s a new kit, would it have paint on it? That’s troubling to hear

1 Like

I bought it from Bountiful Baby directly.

2 Likes

I only buy from Bountiful Baby or Macpherson’s

3 Likes

send it back

3 Likes

Oh, so that’s the layer under? I was trying to figure out which one it was. It’s so confusing to look at.

1 Like

That’s what was thinking, I know there kits are less expensive the other companies, but still…$65.99 is NOT cheap, especially if I have to end up selling it as a boo boo baby, know what I mean

4 Likes

Wow! What the heck is going on over at @bountifulbaby that would allow these to pass their quality checks? Is it only the Ruby kit that people have been having trouble with? They might want to recheck the rest of their stock on her.

4 Likes

Yes, except for that “knee area” the rest of the vinyl is fine

1 Like

That’s very strange. I wonder if it was a return and nobody noticed the color difference between the parts and the flanges. It’s minimal but it’s there. I’d let BB know and send them these pictures. IDK if you’d want to return it and possibly get another one with the same issue or just strip and use it, which you shouldn’t have to do.

2 Likes

What!?
EEEK
@bbsupport what is happening here?

5 Likes

Tryin to figure out what is the actual vinyl color! I would def try using stripper and see what happens. Does it feel different? Does anything peel if you scrape with your fingernail?

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly, I shouldn’t have to deal with this if I bought a new kit directly from BB

2 Likes

Not anymore, It was smaller but as I tried to remove it, it like got bigger

1 Like

It says it was expected but I don’t see how, it’s not even a 2nds kit

1 Like