You only washed it?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant inspected

2 Likes

Correct

2 Likes

I only washed it with dawn like I do with all my kits

2 Likes

You should get a replacement easily. I would email @bbsupport and send them the pictures.

3 Likes

Ok, that’s what I will do. Its a shame because I really like this kit. Thank you so much for all the help. I’ve never had any problems with any of their kits and I’ve never striped a kit, I didn’t want to have to do that :worried:

3 Likes

2 Likes

I purchased a Ruby kit but won’t get to her for a while.

1 Like

That looks weird never seen this before did you scrub with a sponge or someting ?

1 Like

It was a blank kit… NOTHING should come off no matter what it is scrubbed with.

Personally I use hot water, dawn dish soap and scrub it with a toothbrush

5 Likes

Oke i also do with dish wash and a fiber cloth

2 Likes

Thats what I’ve always done, hot water with Dawn and a soft baby washcloth

3 Likes

I emailed BB, let’s see what they say

3 Likes

I saw something like this on the scalp of the Felicity kit. But since I was covering it with hair I didn’t complain. These must be the same vinyl as the Felicity and Steven kits, the ones I call the smelly vinyl. I noticed that in the blank kit page Katie Realborn looks like that smelly vinyl so I am not happy about that

5 Likes

It is definitely paint. Most likely air dry paint. Heat set paint would not come off like that.

1 Like

:dizzy_face: My Ruby had the same thing… I scrubbed it off… but it has a yellowish stain on it now… factory cover up?

3 Likes

It is a blank kit from BB

1 Like

How can a BLANK NEW kit have paint on it, I just can’t understand that. Aren’t these kits new? Would they sell used kits?

1 Like

I wonder if it’s whatever factory they are currently using to produce the kits. I may be mistaken but I thought I read on here somewhere that Bountiful Baby was not using their usual factory to have their kits made due to the pandemic. I could be wrong.

2 Likes

I posted about this earlier. I got a response from BB just today. They offered to replace the parts with visible damage or refund for the kit. I think now that I’ve seen yours with the exact same problem that I will ask for a refund. I’m too afraid that it will happen after I’ve painted it and sold it.

5 Likes