Oh nooooo

I’m beginning to think all Ruby kits are like that. They are very pale and have a smell.

4 Likes

If they’re all like that it seems that factory is doing something different.

3 Likes

It does and I don’t feel right selling a doll that the painted could come off of. I heated mine after painting the creases and this paint or whatever the factory did to it came off after that. So it will come off even after heating.

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

We appreciate everyone bringing this to our attention. Paint on the vinyl is definitely not something that we would approve. It’s not something we even thought to watch for. We are pulling the Ruby kits and inspecting them more thoroughly before shipping more of them. Anyone who finds this issue on kits that are already shipped is welcome to email sales@bountifulbaby.com for replacements.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have made it very clear with the factory that this is unacceptable.

Sincerely,
Jessica

23 Likes

I just got both. Gonna scrub them up in a bit and see what happens :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Best thing was to contact them, and see, they will check it out. It’s very odd for sure. I am curious as to what on earth is going on with them!

3 Likes

Maybe I should scrub my kit also.

3 Likes

I would if I were you

2 Likes

I’m just now seeing this post, but I know I saw a similar issue posted recently. I just don’t remember what kit it was on, or if it was from BB. The pix looked like the same weird thing from the factory. :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh no, I finally decided I wanted a ruby awake to have as my awake baby lol :sob::sob:

2 Likes

I emailed BB yesterday with this issue and have had no response :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Bountiful Baby responded above - from Jessica.

I assume they will respond to emails soon.

They know. They responded up above. They are pulling kits to check.

1 Like

Yeah, like doing something wrong. I don’t trust most of the factories in Asia, at this point. Too many counterfeits going on and possibly workers in the “legit” factories could be helping the counterfeiters, or maybe even counterfeiting kits on their off time.

Like minds, I was going to write the same, “Like doing something Wrong”!

1 Like

Yes, I saw they are pulling the Ruby kits but I still need an answer on what to do with my kit.

1 Like

I would just wait I guess. Since they are looking into it, I am sure they would still honor a return or whatever. Might just have to sit on it a minute.

Yea, but it’s a shame because that kit is adorable, I LOVE her face, very realistic. I’m dying to paint it.

1 Like

They might have a fix or something, who knows. I don’t know, but see what they say. Maybe you might have to strip it?