Oh nooooo

I think they’re being intentionally painted to cover flaws/defects.

7 Likes

I believe that as well!

2 Likes

HOW did it happen in the first place!?
I hope they reimburse you guys!
That is not even close to acceptable.

3 Likes

Makes me think of the other scammers over there in some of the factories making the counterfeit kits. They just can’t be trusted any more. I wish we could still afford to make doll kits in our own country. :frowning:

5 Likes

I washed and inspected my Ruby today. She had paint on her leg, and it was easy to tell because the ankle creases clearly had paint buildup in them. Thankfully the paint comes off easily with Windsor and Newton brush cleaner!!

3 Likes

I feel so bad that this is happening to you all, too. This affects your business and it isn’t fair that this factory is doing things under the table like this. I hope they do keep their word and won’t let it happen again. Seems they are taking advantage of the difficulties brought on by COVID.

7 Likes

I see awful feedback and comments on Facebook about the new factory, new kits, and BB in general. Most of them thinks that BB took the “cheap way” and wont buy from them now with the new factory’s crappy vinyls.

7 Likes

That’s so wrong on the part of those people. BB wouldn’t do that on purpose because it would hurt their business and they have always tried to be open and transparent. Can’t people remember that COVID stuff has screwed up just about everything on the planet? Paint, gas prices, job losses, low stock on all sorts of things??? Ugh.

9 Likes

Bountiful Baby would never knowingly sell inferior products. Unless you’re looking for it, the layer of paint on these kits is very light, and not easily noticeable.

11 Likes

That’s true, I barely noticed it until I washed the kit, that’s when it shows up. I do hope they send me a replacement limb, I really want to paint this kit.

3 Likes

The replacement limb might have the same problem. Apparently it’s a lot of kits. Can you just strip and keep it?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe you were the only person who ‘caught that’!! No one else commented. You think like me Jean!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update and transparency. I’m really sorry that you guys have been subjected to this shady behavior and I hope it doesn’t have any lasting effects on the reputation of your company.

I feel incredibly blessed that your company shows such integrity in your dealings with us.

6 Likes

@TrinityCrystal This is my thoughts and feelings as well.

3 Likes

It’s not a cost issue it’s a chemical safety issue from what I thought. That the chemicals used in the process are banned in the US?

3 Likes

So I scrubbed up my Ruby’s and thought I got lucky until I saw a little speck that when I scratched off… yup you guessed it :woman_facepalming:t2: It’s only one leg out of the two kits but I’m going to inspect them closer.

5 Likes

ugh! :frowning:
I cant believe the factory did this!

4 Likes

On my Ruby it’s only on one leg also. I’m really hoping I can get a replacement leg and start to paint the kit.

1 Like

I stuck my rooting lamp in the leg to see what I could see and then tried other parts and found another spot behind awakes ear. It felt a little different too its only about the size of a dime. There is another tiny spot by her eye and I think there are more behind her knee on her opposite leg. Hard to tell though cause the light doesn’t bend but it’s def a different color. I noticed her flanges were “dirty” but figured since it’s BB and times are tough and there is so much going on it wasn’t cause for concern :flushed:. I’m going to check my other recent kits from that factory. Which is like ALL the new ones. Steven x2, Claudia, Marnie, Felicityx2.

I’m curious what is under the paint that they were covering up :thinking:

Most of my babies are keepers so I’m not to concerned but I can only imagine the fall out from this

4 Likes