Oh nooooo

Mine took paint really dark in those spots.

Mine had like beading like paint just wouldn’t absorb. It was darker than the rest.

3 Likes

If we put some kind of primer on these kits will they take even paint and hold it?

1 Like

I don’t think so. If the paint they put on eventually cracks, it will take a primer with it.

1 Like

I assume it has to be scrubbed down really well first then primed.

2 Likes

BB has discussed this with the factory that was producing these kits.

3 Likes

5 Likes

How long did it take for them to get back to you? I sent an email Wednesday and still haven’t heard back :confused:

About a week

1 Like

it took a week for them to reply to me as well…

1 Like

I think I am going to be sick. I just checked my most recent kits, Sage. I have purchased soooo many kits over the last couple months. The thought of checking them all and trying to find the painted pieces is heartbreaking. This is one sage head before and after a test with Winsor and Newton. 91% alcohol wouldn’t remove it. Does anyone know what BB plans to do? Do I need to take pictures of every piece of every damaged kit to get replacements? It would be easier to just return everything and start over, but the shipping cost would be insane. I know they are in a mess with this at BB, but I work a full time job and we also have a duck farm. I barely have time to rarely make a reborn baby. I definetly don’t have time to try to inspect and possibly strip about 40 kits. It would also cost a lot for that much Windsor and Newton. I was stocking up for the next “hard times”, but apparently that bit me quick. :disappointed:

3 Likes

I could not see or feel the paint at all. Only the light inside the blank kit exposed it. It looks like they were trying to cover a tiny black dot that you can’t even hardly see in person. The paint overspray seems to cover the whole head! All this for a tiny black spec that would have been completely workable, had they just left well enough alone!

2 Likes

I don’t know what they are planning on doing. It’s not fair all around. I’m still waiting on a reply to my email from almost a week ago. I can’t use Windsor and Newton to strip the paint off so I’m stuck with an unusable kit right now. Have you tried emailing them to see what they say?

1 Like

Not yet, but I will. I hate to bombard them right now. I know they are probably getting swamped with this. I also need to inspect them all, to see how many bad kits were delivered to me, before I contact them.

If your kits have JD plus a number on the neck, they are from Joy Dolls (the “good factory”) and won’t have paint covering flaws. Hopefully not as bad as you are anticipating.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I will look for that before I light them up. Maybe it will make weeding out the troubled ones less of a headache. Thank you for the advice and encouragement! I wanted to cry at first, but maybe now that I know what I am looking for, it won’t seem so overwhelming. Maybe BB would be willing to do partial refunds for those willing to strip their flawed kits? I could mark all my bad kits to remind me to strip it before I start. That would make it less overwhelming too. I did contact them just now to ask what I need to do. I don’t expect a quick response. I know they are far more overwhelmed with all of this than I am. I can’t imagine all the trouble it has caused for them too!

4 Likes

Not necessarily true. Irresistibles and Macs do

I appreciate that you’re sharing your personal plans to help improve the situation. This might help others as well.

1 Like

My Ruby appears to have been painted also. I am going to try to scrub it and work with it.

I scrubbed the paint off with Palmolive and baking soda using a crotched scrubby. I circled the black dot that appears to have been painted over. I am just going to work with it since I don’t sell babies.

1 Like

Sorry… get out your Windsor Newton!!!

1 Like