Check Your Sage!

Wow I considered buying a seconds kit and don’t remember seeing possible factory paint and needing to strip it as a possible flaw. This is not something you can work around so not what we had been accustomed to with a seconds kit. I won’t be ordering any of these new kits in first or second quality.

3 Likes

The paint could possibly be worked around, but the yellowing is crazy. Love BB but definitely can’t pay this when you can get nice sculpted kits for the same price.

Also, just to be clear, has anyone seen/gotten the paint on a firsts kit?

5 Likes

It wasn’t in the description or anywhere that I could see. Seconds are meant to be easily worked around, so I don’t think this would qualify as second. Definitely more like a test part.

5 Likes

I agree and since that information was added after your purchase I feel that they should cover the shipping.

4 Likes

Yep. Generic response. :unamused:

2 Likes

I went back to read this old thread.

I was under the impression that no more painted kits would be sent out. But one of these comments does say no more 1st quality paints will be sent with painted spots. But the other 2 comments make it clear that they consider this an unacceptable flaw.

While they do offer a refund if we aren’t happy, we have to pay the shipping. It would cost me around $13 to send my mine back. So I would be out $23ish shipping. Since I got mine on sale it’s not worth sending her back.

Also, those comments on the other thread made it sound like the next round of kits would not have paint. We’ve been waiting months for this kit. My assumption was was produced after they pointed out the problem to the company. How are we supposed to know she was made before they addressed the issue?

The unforseeable problem with the idea of sending out paint covered kits as seconds is this. Who the heck knows what the factory was trying to cover up? I haven’t finished stripping mine. But so far she looks okay underneath. But what about y’all’s yellow kits? I guess when you want to buy a seconds kit from bountiful baby, think of it as a scratch off lottery ticket. You may luck out and you may not. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Frustrating!

2 Likes

I had an Alyssa kit a couple months ago that was first quality with paint on it. BB sent a replacement first quality which was covered in even more paint then the first.

6 Likes

I am glad I didn’t ordered. I am in Canada. Shipping back, plus loosig initial shipping (do they refundit ?) Would cost me the price of the kit.

7 Likes

And that would be a sad thing. I would hate to see it happen to them. They have been such a great company. I hope something will happen to turn it around for them and us.

3 Likes

Alexa should be from a different factory, so that is even crazier! Ugh

3 Likes

From what I understand Sage kits were in the same shipment, just not released yet. But I’d think they would be inspected well by now… and I agree that painted over kits is not seconds quality.

7 Likes

Wait! No it was Alyssa. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:. My phone auto corrected. I will go change it.

2 Likes

Well that is a little relief. Lol

I was so confused

2 Likes

I got a firsts kit of Christopher about a month and a half ago and his head is covered in paint.

4 Likes

Lol. I bet. I need to proofread before I post. Autocorrect and I have have a love hate relationship :rofl:

3 Likes

Darn it. Guess I will have to check mine. I was thinking he was from the old factory

3 Likes

Dang. I’m going to have to check mine as well.

2 Likes

The Michael I’m painting is not from JD and he was a mess for being a 1st kit with coa. I’m so fed up.

7 Likes

I Goggled it - it take 30-40 days for barge to go via ocean from China to the US. An this is just for cargo time.
So with that said I would expect the flawed painted kits still be there for another 6 mo, including production, packing in China, delivering here, unpacking in the US…
I hope I am wrong :frowning:

5 Likes