Check Your Sage!

Check your Sage kits! My grumpy Sage has the paint cover up that some other kits have. I only noticed because of a small shiny spot (shown in forehead picture), and visible brush strokes that you can’t see in the picture. The paint scratched off easily and basically the whole head is painted. I’ve already contacted BB and am waiting for a response, but wanted to give out a PSA

9 Likes

Man that stinks. I sure hope BB is getting their money back on these kits that the factory is covering up.

8 Likes

Wow that’s so bad!! At the cost of these kits you’d expect better.

5 Likes

I sure hope they do. You would think if the factories were caught that they’d stop, but nope. Sage is super cute, but the paint is a bummer.

3 Likes

OMG here we go again. What a shame that these factories are so deceitful.

5 Likes

It just make me so hesitant to order anything from BB now even if it’s 50% off :unamused:

6 Likes

Wow that stinks I’m sorry. Was she a first or second quality? I wish there was a way to know which kits were affected before ordering

2 Likes

@bountifulbaby Another one! :frowning: Dang that factory!

3 Likes

Oh no! Was it a seconds kit? Or first? Maybe these guys were already done and shipped when BB contacted the factory… if it was a seconds kit and they knew the paint was there they should have listed it as a possible flaw and it certainly should have been cheaper than the ten dollars less for the first quality kits cause the paint removal from the kits and the surprises underneath is not fun! What was under your paint?

3 Likes

These were probably already on the way when they discovered the issue. I would hope they have stopped that practice at the factory

2 Likes

Why are they doing this? It looks like the vinyl underneath would be just fine without covering it up. I just don’t understand this…

3 Likes

I was literally coming here to post the exact same thing! I just got mine. It’s a seconds kit. I could tell immediately that she was covered in paint. She had a textured, matte finish that was very obvious to the eye.

So I got out the Windsor and Newton. Her entire head and one of entire leg were completely covered in paint.

I really hate to ask for a refund. But they knew this was an issue and still have not corrected it. I already have about 7 Realborn kits in my stash that I had to strip paint off of. I excused it at the time because they were unaware of the issue. But that was several months ago. This should not be happening still. This is absolutely unacceptable. :rage:

12 Likes

All the ones I’ve stripped have random black dots underneath. Nothing major. But they would definitely make them test parts. I’ve had paint cover ups on first quality and second quality kits.

2 Likes

@bbsupport needs to stop business with this factory if they keep this crap up.

Sadly crap runs down hill and most customers will blame BB and not the factory.

9 Likes

The factory owes bountiful baby a refund in my opinion. The problem was explained to them and they chose to continue doing it. But also, Bountiful Baby knows of the problem and is continuing to send out bad kits. So they have some ownership too.

9 Likes

I was going to order Grumpy Sage and then decided I had no time to paint. Now I am glad I did not order because I definitely don’t have time to strip a kit before I even start. I think until the inspection process is worked out I will curtail my desire to add more kits to my stash.

7 Likes

Same here. Now I am glad I didn’t!

4 Likes

My Sage happy and grumpy has the same… I thought the factory fixed this problem?

4 Likes

I was under the impression that BB was going to be inspecting kits better. These don’t even qualify as a seconds quality for BB standards.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I bought a seconds kit last week and what do you know….there’s the paint and the black spot!

6 Likes