Check Your Sage!

Wow! I just ordered for the first time in a couple years and am now going to check all my kits!

4 Likes

I’m having a really hard time getting the paint off. So far I only see 1 tiny black dot. But the paint seems to have stained the vinyl yellow. Her head is covered in large yellow blotches.

Do you have Windsor and Newton brush cleaner? It lifts it right off.

1 Like

I tried that. I got a section of the paint off, and the vinyl is yellow underneath. I think the paint stained the vinyl.

1 Like

Oh no! :slightly_frowning_face:Thanks for the heads up. So many cute faces being released however I’m kinda nervous about ordering more kits until we know for sure we are not going to be having the same issues.

2 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I won’t buy kits from BB anymore. With the price raised and the shipping cost it’s not worth it if I can get bad kits with paint.
I prefer dealing with some defects in sculpted kits, at least I can work around.

4 Likes

Facial yellowing and black spots… had I known I wouldn’t have bought them :frowning:

6 Likes

That’s how mine is too. I hope they will refund us or at least send a replacement kit without paint.

4 Likes

Time for some emails with pictures to BB for refunds…this is crazy. I’m not paying for kits I need to strip first.

8 Likes

I emailed them with pictures before I posted this. Hopefully they make it right.

6 Likes

Keep us posted. I had to dig out two black spots on Michael’s face! He doesn’t look great. I’m ready to be done.

2 Likes

I emailed them too with pics.

5 Likes

Did you strip these? Wonder why they are so discolored.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if all the new sale kits are painted? :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

5 Likes

They were painted with factory paint, I stripped them and found discoloring under the paint

5 Likes

This makes me so glad that my order over the weekend was just a couple of bodies for the kits you sent me.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how mine is too. Very yellow under the paint.

1 Like

Wow… :sweat:

2 Likes

If they are, they should definitely put that in the description and lower the price. They’re more like test parts, not seconds kits.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried NOT stripping them and just painting the kit to see if it holds paint? Maybe they would be fine painted and sealed?

4 Likes