Check Your Sage!

Yes! I bet…I can’t order kits anymore. At least my coming realborn sales are not pre-painted.

1 Like

Ok, so call me rotten but this is the image that came to mind when I saw this. 20210706_180515

17 Likes

ahaha :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

There’s another post about this. People tried painting over the factory paint before they knew it was an issue. They couldn’t figure out why certain spots wouldn’t take paint. Then someone stumbled upon the fact that they had factory paint. Then all of a sudden all the paint issues made sense.

4 Likes

Ah ok. Is this the reason why some were having issues with the Genesis blue too?

2 Likes

Nope. That was a totally unrelated issue.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted to make a Grinch baby!

10 Likes

Oh my she would make a great grinch baby!!! Sorry to hear so many of you are dealing with the factory pint on kits :frowning:

4 Likes

Not sure if you are into alternatives but both could go green easily… :frowning:
sad though when that was not the plan at all

2 Likes

Is JD marked on the flanges?

1 Like

no, looks like the new factory (which seems to be where ALL the problems are)

3 Likes

If anyone wants to check their kits and you don’t have Windsor and Newton, just use alcohol. Put alcohol on a q-tip and rub it on the vinyl. If there’s paint there, you will immediately see it on the q-tip.

5 Likes

I had an Alexa that had this same paint from the factory. I didn’t know it at the time and started painting my kit. It started flaking off and leaving bare spots. It doesn’t take GHSP. Not sure if air dry users would have better luck or not.

2 Likes

When did you buy her?

2 Likes

I really thought this issue was taken care of after I posted on here about my Ruby and reported it to BB. I bought Grumpy Sage during the last sale. I really think that if it were painted over there could be an issue with all the paint coming off. When I was working on Ruby I had only painted creases and veins, no flesh layers. I baked after doing creases and veins then I noticed the factory defects. So baking didn’t set their paint.

3 Likes

When I saw this kit I wanted it but because of the horrible experience I had with my Ruby kit, I didn’t get it. Now I’m happy I didn’t get it, specially at $64 for a SECONDS kit.

6 Likes

Thanks! Just tried it on mine and Yep :frowning: Painted leg (rest of the kit is okay)

4 Likes

I thought of Chesser cat :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Oh you should make a Grinch!!
I have only one BB kit right now and it is Leilani yawning. I have washed her but nothing else. Guess I need to get her out and she if anything comes off with alcohol or W&N.

2 Likes

It was a couple months ago.

1 Like