Check Your Sage!

I already have 8 brand new kits with stupid paint spots on them from the factory,I hope the couple I grabbed over the weekend are ok.I took several months off to help my sister take care of her husband who passed last Monday.I am not looking forward to stripping new kits before I can even begin on them.

7 Likes

I’ve been not so patiently waiting for 3 year old June. Now I’m afraid to buy her. I don’t understand why kits are still being sent out this way. :weary:

10 Likes

Has this happened to anyone with the older realborns that just came in stock? I ordered Priscilla and I’m kinda worried now.

1 Like

I ordered Priscilla, and she didn’t have any coverup paint as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

I ordered Priscilla and Dominic and both of those were okay. I also had Kelsey in the same order and she was okay too.

3 Likes

I just tested the two that I just got, Dominic and Jade, they are both fine. I used Windsor Newton.

2 Likes

I think all the older kits are poured at the joy dolls factory. So they should be fine. It’s the new kits from the new factory that have the problems.

7 Likes

I got the same kits and they were fine. But Dominic if you put him in the sunlight has sparkles all over his head even after I wiped him down. Poured by JD. I’m happy they weren’t painted.

5 Likes

After these green images I really want a Happy Sage - :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe @Christinas_Creations will sell you hers! She has the perfect base color for it now!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pic of the kit. Glad you found this pic. It fits perfectly for a Grinch baby. I can’t wait to see how makes the first one. :grin:

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten a reply from BB? I messaged them yesterday morning and still haven’t heard back.

Nope. But they added a note to the Sage seconds listing warning about the paint. But they should also warn that there is a high likelihood that once you strip the factory paint you will be stuck with a kit that is stained yellow. :woman_facepalming:t2:
https://bountifulbaby.com/products/3831?_pos=2&_sid=5e78868ac&_ss=r

1 Like

I wish that was there before I ordered, but it wasn’t. The seconds are hardly cheaper than first quality, so if I knew it was painted, I wouldn’t have purchased it.

4 Likes

Same! I know that warning wasn’t there. But since it is now, that shows they’ve either read this thread or some of our emails. :wink:

4 Likes

I got mine on sale. So I’m not out a ton of money. But still. I ignored so many painted kit problems when they first became aware of the problem. But they said they fixed the problem so I assumed they did. I don’t feel like I should have to ignore it this time.

2 Likes

Under the paint is definitely more like a test parts quality, not a seconds kit. Very yellow and some black dots. I wouldn’t be too bothered if the kit wasn’t so yellow and if it was in the description.

2 Likes

I think the yellow is not the kit itself but due to the paint the factory added… :frowning:

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. It’s only yellow where the paint is

2 Likes

It’s very disappointing! I wouldn’t have ordered the kits knowing that they were flawed like the other previous kits were. I know now not to get seconds!

1 Like