Check Your Sage!

I didn’t see it when I ordered my happy sage. But, oh well.

2 Likes

I bet they are will email us as soon as they get around to it. I’m sure the sale has them backed up. And I’m sure they have a bunch of emails from upset customers. And I’m sure they will make it right with us. It’s just an annoying thing to have to deal with. :confused:

6 Likes

Hopefully they do soon. I’ve had Sage sitting in the window all day yesterday and today, and the yellow spots won’t budge.

2 Likes

So 2nds are $65.95 right now and they have to be stripped and then turn yellow…a mighty high price to me for that.

6 Likes

I paid a little over $80 with tax and shipping just for the kit itself, and it was a seconds. It’s pretty annoying for the kit to be so flawed at that price, when I could’ve spent a few dollars more for a “higher end” kit with no yellow spots and paint.

6 Likes

I think they need to STOP dealing with this factory. This is going to cost BB customers if they don’t get it stopped. What a mess.

9 Likes

I checked my Leilani and she is fine thank goodness. I did not see a JD on the flanges for Joy Dolls but maybe she was still made there. If BB knew these 2nds had the paint on them then why didn’t they put that on the disclaimer to begin with? I mean, it seems like they put them on 2nds status because of it, right?

5 Likes

I agree 100%

If they choose to continue working with them the kits from that factory should be LABELED on the listings to show they are…

I dont want anything from there.

9 Likes

That’s crazy. I paid half that much. I got mine on sale, and Texas doesn’t get charged tax.

2 Likes

Mine was not on sale… but before they raised the price of 2nds that day…

3 Likes

I almost bought Happy Sage. Now I’m glad I didn’t.

4 Likes

Ya’ll need to send those kits back to bb and have them pay the shipping. There is more than just Sage that has paint on them. I;m not spending this kind of money and have to strip them. There needs to be notices and huge reductions on these kits. Not everyone wants to paint a grinch.

11 Likes

Still waiting on a reply to my email about it.

1 Like

https://bountifulbaby.com/policies/refund-policy
She would be in the box ready to go tomorrow if it were me. :sweat_smile:

Here’s the response I got. Seems like a very generic response. Apparently the paint cover up is now considered a seconds kit, even though it turned the vinyl yellow. And seconds flaws don’t have to be stated in the description, so you basically get what you get.

7 Likes

So BB wants to send defective kit back at your expense, correct?

That’s what it looks like

2 Likes

I am very surprised they are considering these kits “seconds”. They have had great quality seconds in the past. And pre-covid, these would have been thrown in test parts. They would have never sold these as seconds and at that price point.

I’m wondering why now? Are they not getting a refund from the factory? Are they going to continue using this factory? Is this the new norm? If it is, I personally don’t want to spend that kind of money on a seconds kit just to have deal with stripping it and then possibly color correcting the vinyl. I would rather spend a few dollars more for a different kit possibly elsewhere that I won’t have to waste time trying to fix before even reborning it. These are just my opinions. No hate to BB. Love them. Always have. :tipping_hand_woman:

8 Likes

I’m not sure why it wasn’t at least in the description, or why they don’t seem to care now that we have the kits. I wouldn’t have spent $80 on a seconds Realborn if I knew about it, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

I don’t blame you. I would send it back. $80 is too much money for a kit with flaws like that.

4 Likes