What is your most dreadful step in the whole reborning process?

The worst parts of reborning for me is: Creases, Setting eyes and Varnishing. Those would be the things I wouldn’t do if I could get away with it!!

4 Likes

For me it’s - creases, eyebrows and finger nails.

3 Likes

After reading this post… I wonder why I even do it!!! I pretty much hate all of it.
I like rooting. And baby clothes and buying sculpts and bsing with you guys… and that’s pretty much it. Huh. How bout that? I like reading and researching way more that implementing. Who knew? Well, now… everyone! :shushing_face:

12 Likes

Gluing In rooted lashes is my least favorite thing about reborning

3 Likes

Ditto! Eyebrows are my nemesis :confounded: I’m pretty sure most of my dolls go through at least 20 sets of brows before I say oh well, it’s good enough :smile:
Crazy that I just now realized after varnishing Kimberly’s brows that I’ve been attempting to create my brows with the “little arrows” going the wrong direction! I’ve been thinking the arrows went like this
.>>>> <<<< But, they are supposed to go like this <<<< >>>>
Hopefully that makes sense :crazy_face::smile:

6 Likes

Right now I hate lips. They always look blotchy to me.:persevere:

2 Likes

There is a video that shows you how to loosen the cable ties without cutting them. You stick a pin or something in the rough part and just pull it out easy peasy. No more wasting cable ties. @NancyW @YelenaRey

I love reborning the most dreadful thing for me is deciding what I want to do with the baby then changing my mind as I go along. I often start out wanting to make a realistic baby then the Alternative brain kicks in.

6 Likes

@Summer I see some people doing that and just though that it’s they ‘signature style eyebrows’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

EYES, EYES EYES. Doing it right now and ughhhhhhhh… Nails too but gosh!

1 Like

Are you talking about a sewing pin, or a writing pen?

1 Like

Anything with a skinny point I used a diaper pin.

7 Likes

I hate waiting for the glue to dry inside the head. I just want to put them together. I LOVE rooting, it’s relaxing for me the same way knitting and sewing are. The rest doesn’t bother me too much. I hate baking the kit a bunch after varnishing, it’s super annoying to bake and cool over and over again

4 Likes

@MilosMeadows How many times you are baking after varnishing? I though it needs to be done just twice (bake-cool- bake-cool).

I do it until it’s set completely. Sometimes it takes 3 bakes, sometimes more if there’s an area that got a bit too thick. The general “rule” is to bake it 3 times

1 Like

For me it is hair, I’m still not confident at painted hair but rooting causes me so much pain. I hope to do a couple of baldies this year.

Painting the hair. I hate it. Hate, hate hate

1 Like

Eyebrows, although I am getting a bit better on them.

1 Like

Same! Thank goodness for painted hair!

1 Like

That sounds exhausting. If I had to use oil paints Id never finish a baby, thats too physical for me and my jacked up body LOL. Probably take me 6 months to do one baby :wink:

my problem with them is holding the head down on the support,while tightening the tie… I started using a pliers to hold the tie and works much better