What is your most dreadful step in the whole reborning process?

I am working on my second baby and I already made my mind that I dislike varnishing step so much (don’t want to use word ‘hate’, but it comes close). Even eyebrows that time went so easy :rofl:
May be I am still afraid that something will go wrong at the very end? Or may be because I don’t see well where it went thicker and where it thinner, or some flakes accumulation, or the fact that it ‘mutes’ the colors and I am not brave enough yet to go with the ‘bolder’ painting. I don’t know, but it makes me nerves (and hungry!) more than anything else…

What is your most dreadful step in the whole reborning process?

3 Likes

veins. I have yet to make them look realistic. my problem i know is not getting the paint thin enough. Which that too is something I am working on currently.

3 Likes

It changes for me. Right now it’s creasing.

4 Likes

I hate inserting eyes and putting on the neck ring :wink: Sometimes it hurts my fingers so much

And open eye eyelashes

5 Likes

Rooting👎🏾

8 Likes

CREASES. They get me everyyyyy time!

3 Likes

Cable ties!!! I go thru at least 2-3 setting the head, always… I hate them little buggers LOL

5 Likes

@jlesser Yeah, I had my fist experience with eyes inserts, ask forum and it seemed that only I had that problem :rofl:. I am glad I am not alone. But I find out that if I close MY eyes while putting eyes in, they go in place better. I also cut eye sockets wider, that helped (may should do it to begin with, but as a newbie I always concern to ‘overdo’ everything). Didn’t glue eyes yet or varnish with Pledge, so that is on my ‘learning’ list…

4 Likes

Do you have a tip how to not over tight or under tight them?

2 Likes

Creases :tired_face:

2 Likes

Eyebrows ~ bad ones can ruin the whole doll

13 Likes

Creases, boring, tedious creases.

3 Likes

Im weird, I love doing creases and rooting as well… all the stuff most people hate. I don’t like eyebrows, sometimes they come out good and sometimes it takes me all day and they still look bad. Varnishing is hard for me to because its more physically demanding but I still don’t hate it as much as eyebrows.

6 Likes

I hate everything about putting them together, except seeing the finished product of course.

4 Likes

Creases

2 Likes

Something different pisses me off with every doll. I should make a graph and chart it.

18 Likes

Painting hair. I contemplate selling them as baldies ALL THE TIME. :pensive:

10 Likes

Nothing but rooting. It stalls me out and makes me wanna quit.

4 Likes

I love painting the head and doing veining, but I really don’t enjoy painting the limbs. I don’t like it because most of the limbs I paint look very similar. I do like painting the unique limbs, but most I don’t enjoy at all.

2 Likes

I find creases boring, but what I really don’t like is rooting. It never goes how I want it, it takes way too long, it makes my hands hurt, I’m always poking the needle into my fingers and the mohair just makes me itchy.

2 Likes