What is your most dreadful step in the whole reborning process?

I hate gluing the magnets onto the binkies and inside the head. I have a total mess with the glue when I am done.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I wanna see that graph when you make it!

4 Likes

@Nikkiroc Funny that you comment got most of the hearts, And I though that it should be joyest, relaxing experience :grin:. I feel better now!

4 Likes

I would say eyebrows. I have painted and wiped off, rooted and pulled out. I never think they look good. I mean, I’ve only done one doll but she is enough to confirm I hate eyebrows lol.

3 Likes

I hate painting between fingers and toes. Especially fisted hands and palms or where the thumb joins.

4 Likes

You are by no means the only one to have problems with the eyes.

1 Like

Maybe try putting on the neck ring on after the head has been heated. Makes it a little more pliable.

3 Likes

I think eyebrows are everyone’s least favorite thing when you first start out. When you get several under your belt , it gets a little better. I still have trouble some days and they go quickly on other days.

1 Like

I really like making pacifiers and fitting them to the mouth. I squeeze some glue in the inside mouth area and drop the magnet into it with the pacifier placed on the outside so it jumps right into place and then squeeze some more over the top of the magnet and let it dry face down.

6 Likes

I like doing the heads best too. I used to do 3 heads at once but it’s hard to match up the skin tone when you do the limbs last. :worried:

2 Likes

I think my least favorite thing is doing limbs and varnishing. I just want to get it done already. I’m bad to try to rush through it and I have to force myself to slow down and do it right.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good way to do it. I am going to do that next time.

2 Likes

I hate varnishing with a passion. Coming in close second is inserting and positioning eyes.

3 Likes

The mottling and skin tone layers between the base layers and any details!! I get so stuck here, when the baby looks a bunch of funny colors and not alive at all. When I have to stop painting at this stage I become so unmotivated to start back up again.

3 Likes

Blushing is very hard to me lol. I love mottling. I could mottle for days on end.

3 Likes

Lol. Same with me :joy:

2 Likes

Assembling. I hate it. Love every other aspect.

1 Like

Putting eyes in really hurts my fingers and hands

Not best at veins

Can’t root yet and hard time with eyebrows never done eyelashes

1 Like

@Vanniek Me too. I love mottling! Can mottle, and mottle, and mottle… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have to say I dread rooting : ( The fact that it take so long to do is discouraging sometimes. I use a magnifying visor to help me see the small hairs and a very bright lamp and I could be rooting for 2 hours and it doesn’t seem like I made a lot of progress at times. Also I’m having trouble keeping the same distance between the hairs so that one part of the hair isn’t thicker than the rest of the head. Any tips would be appreciated.

2 Likes