Rose 2016

We just booked at the senior rate too. Hopefully we’ll be near each other if not near everybody. We missed the Rose block by hours because we were out this a.m. and I didn’t check immediately. I was under the impression they would be available for several weeks… I guess it’s going to be a “really big shoe” as Ed Sullivan used to say. (Dating myself for sure on that one!)

3 Likes

Oh boy Helen, I was kind of afraid I would be out in the back 40 all by myself. It would be so cool if we were somewhere in the same vicinity. Maybe we’ll wind up by the others after all-----who knows. At least we are in the same hotel. What days did you book? I am in from Thursday till Sunday. I wanted to be there for the beginning of the show. Are you going to the baby shower? I’m undecided on that. I definitely won’t be going to the awards,those tickets are $75, Yikes!! I sure hope Niki can go-----maybe she can get booked up too, Can’t wait !!

Okay…I’m going to post this on both Rose threads so everyone has a chance. @AmyR777 and I @Blissfulbabies have booked a room together. We both agreed that it’s okay if 1 or 2 more ladies want to bunk with us and split the costs we are fine with it. We have reservations from the 19th - 25th in the Hilton Garden Inn. 2 queens (no offense anyone) :wink:

PM me if you are interested!

1 Like

When you check in be sure this time to ask for a ground floor room for your mom. That way if heaven forbid there’s a fire alarm she won’t have to take the stairs. You know, I don’t think they expected the rooms to go so quickly. I think they were as stunned as everyone else. So happy yall are coming. I’m going to work on my French!!

1 Like

Michelle, the ROSE FB page had been being updated about the hotel search and they even posted WHEN the booking info was going to be posted. They warned to book quickly but the rooms went faster than they expected. I understand your concerns but they’re just people, too. There really isn’t anything else they could’ve done to keep people informed. Hopefully, you get a great room!

2 Likes

I’m going to go to everything I can, but may skip the awards as I don’t have anything entered. I want to see how good everybodies dolls look in real life before I enter and make a fool of myselt! LOL So another year for that…We booked for the whole time so I’ll be there from the beginning to the end. I don’t have the dates in front of me. I’m not sure if we get there the day before or not. I hope our rooms are near each other Lynn. They could be because we both booked senior and around the same time.

1 Like

I sure hope so Helen. I didn’t come in on Wednesday as that is a class day and since I;m not taking any classes I didn’t see the need to spend the extra money on the hotel, I would rather spend it on doll stuff.

I might do classes, but I’m not sure. I think I’m there for Wednesday if I want to. Where is everyone getting all their info, facebook? (I hate facebook. It always makes me inexplicably depressed.)

3 Likes

Here’s the schedule:

ROSE 2016 Schedule on Facebook

I copy and pasted everything from FB on here and the other post sorry if I wasn’t fast enough :sob:

No need to apologize Angel, you have done an amazing job posting info for us, I don’t know how to operate FB so I don’t go there. I have to rely on our forum.

3 Likes

Michelle, hotels and other venues get booked years in advance. My husband works on a lot of these types of events and knows first-hand how difficult it is to find the “right” place. What you want (date, space, accommodations, etc.) and what you can actually get are two totally different things. I assure you that the team that puts this on is doing the best they can. No matter what they do, they won’t be able to please everyone. Every person there is away from home and having to deal with something. The best thing to do as an attendee is to have a positive attitude and make a decision to have fun no matter what “issues” you encounter.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to meeting you and everyone else from here!!

I’m really looking forward that, too. :wink:

1 Like

I wish ALL our BB members could go. Wouldn’t that be AWESOME!!

1 Like

Oh Yeah----I vote for you being rich too!!! I would love door to door service by jet—do you think you could win the lottery and I will; start construction on the runway !!! Michele, I can’t wait to meet you and your mom. Roll on 2016 !!

WOW, awesome for your Grandma!!! You never know Michele, stranger things have happened, right? We can always wish anyway. Crossing fingers !!

That’s wonderful Michele, I will see you there!

1 Like

I know huh!!!

1 Like

Here are the 2016 Floor Maps for the Show this year with a few of the teachers and VIP’s who have responded to my messages so far.
Deposits for Booths are $100 each Deposits for Tables are $50 each.

All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.

For those who don’t use Facebook an update

1 Like

Angel----Do you know anything about the teachers or what classes they will be offering this coming year?