**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Schools should let parents know when there is a problem in the classroom. However, I had a student with lice that was out for over a week. I knew NOTHING about it, as I had 2-3 students miss daily. This was just before Christmas break when hundreds of parents and family were to gather in the auditorium for the winter musical. Here comes that student with his family to tell me why he had missed. Dad stated they were so bad in their house that they moved. I found it very irresponsible on the admins part not to notify every one in my classroom so they could take precautions before coming to a large group gathering. Just think about how many of those families that could have had lice going to relatives during the holiday.:rage:
I was instructed to take the classroom set of Santa hats that they wore during the musical and place them in one trash bag and seal tightly. They would die off during the holidays.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought at first too, that maybe they got in there during the :package: long trip. But it doesn’t make sense if they are only in the bags from @britt40478… (Then again, none of it is making much sense at all anyways) And how did they get inside sealed plastic bags!!!

5 Likes

I would agree except it was in a sealed bag. It’s possible it got in the box somewhere along the way and then got bagged with her stuff. I didn’t open any bags except a sleeper and the turtle’s hat and diaper. I put it all back because my skin started crawling and I couldn’t tell if it was that bag at first.

3 Likes

True.:disappointed:

3 Likes

My head is itching just reading and posting in this thread.:grimacing:

2 Likes

They’ve turned a lot of schools here into 2 or 3 schools packing a charter and a special needs school into a regular school building.

1 Like

How do Mealy bugs get in sealed containers ?

3 Likes

I just stopped itching. Into the shower! My skin is crawling again.:cry:

2 Likes

Heading there, too.

3 Likes

Just got out of the tub myself… :confounded:

3 Likes

I love our small town school. My son’s third grade has a total of 22 kids. They have them split into 2 classes of 11. My other son’s second grade class is huge for the school. There are about 30 kids split into 2 classes. And there are aides that go between all the classes. I wish all schools could be this way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do ants get in zip lock containers ? I do not know but had to throw out some very tasty creams .

3 Likes

I would still be a teacher if we had that luxury around here.

2 Likes

That’s why it’s driving me crazy… NOT knowing EXACTLY what it is. It might make more sense if we could identify the “things” and figure out how the heck they got in there… And where they came from… :thinking:

I’m not saying it’s impossible, would just like to know HOW???

3 Likes

That’s a gifted school situation here. The only way you get that small a class size is private schools, charter schools or the rich areas.

1 Like

Me too! I’m not going in there again. They keep jumping inside the bag.:cold_sweat::nauseated_face:

1 Like

That is why I ask it has been bothering me for years and I have had no clear answer as of yet .

2 Likes

Bugs are in everything. Food, clothes. Even cereal isn’t safe and it’s legal.

1 Like

I don’t blame you… Eeeeek!! I would bomb my house (with the box in it) kill off all of them I could.

1 Like

Small town schools here are all that way. But the damn scores don’t match up. With those ratios they should be at the top of the lists academically. But they aren’t. My boys have great teachers. But overall, the school is full of unqualified teachers. It’s one of those situations where you can have a degree in a “related field” and take a teaching test and be a teacher. So much potential with the low ratios, but not enough qualified teachers. :confused:

3 Likes