**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

I would have had two strokes and a panic attack. Seriously. And opening that mess on my daughter’s bed, I would have been breathing fire. I do not blame you one bit.

I had my share of fun with the box last time, but I really think I’m done. Con artists and irresponsible people who have no business participating in stuff like this don’t scare me, but bugs do. As cautious as I am with everything else, I’m surprised that I have not even considered this.

I know right!!! It would have never crossed my mind. Granted there were no bugs in the box when I got it, but I did just happen to sit out on my porch to dig through and pack it back up.

It is on the news all the time infestations in hospitals, hotels and even found between the pages in books at the library .
They are on the rise in the United States and other places as well because they are so hard to get rid of just as roaches and fleas they are everywhere no matter how clean you are .

Bugs never crossed my mind with one of these boxes either. :slightly_frowning_face: I have been in it twice years ago. I have to admit, I’m scared to death to get the box now. I’m not in the newbie box but the other one. I will be opening it up in the garage as a precaution. Im sad that this box has had so many issues. I never saw this problem coming.

If you have or have had pets fleas can crop up and even if you do not have pets you can get fleas in your home from walking through grass in a yard or park squirrels have and carry fleas as do wild rabbits .

I would just really like to know for sure exactly what it is… :thinking:

Well, many of them are sealed inside the baggies Brittany packed. So when Ashley gets the box, she can identify the bugs. Surely they will all be dead by the time the box gets to her. :grimacing:

Hopefully, but it’s already been like 3 and a half WEEKS since @britt40478 got the box!!! How long have they been just “surviving” in there!!! :scream: It’s got to be something that can live without a host for a while…

In the event that this is bed bugs, they can live up to a year without food. On average, 4-6 months. Fleas can live for 100 days or more.

What does the label say? Is there a date on it just curious

Wow! No wonder they are taking over the country! :flushed:

Eeeeww. I wasn’t even part of this but I’ll be opening EVERY package or envelope i receive from ANYWHERE outside from now on.

Me too!!! :face_vomiting:

Omg :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

I never thought to worry about bugs. I opened it on the kids bunk bed. It’s the nicest thing we own, handmade from wood and custom made as a gift. I’m beyond fire. I’m the mother of dragons now. What’s beyond rage?

After the ban on ddt and other pesticides, all the stuff is coming back. Malaria, bed bugs, the zika virus.

I’m scared to look in the bag. They might get out. I won’t be able to sleep for weeks.

ME -ready to go outside and open packages from now on… (Not my pic)

It’s NOT a funny situation, just had to try to lighten the mood a little… :grin: not much else left to do… I am sorry @Theara that all of this is happening, I know it must be absolutely horrible :persevere:

You’re right. It’s NOT a funny situation. But sometimes the best way to handle a not funny situation is to make it laughable for a second. We all need something light hearted and funny right now. Your comment doesn’t minimize the seriousness of the situation. It just distracts us from it for a brief moment. :wink: