**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

In the event that this is bed bugs, they can live up to a year without food. On average, 4-6 months. Fleas can live for 100 days or more.

4 Likes

What does the label say? Is there a date on it just curious

2 Likes

Wow! No wonder they are taking over the country! :flushed:

3 Likes

Eeeeww. I wasn’t even part of this but I’ll be opening EVERY package or envelope i receive from ANYWHERE outside from now on.

8 Likes

Me too!!! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Omg :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

1 Like

I never thought to worry about bugs. I opened it on the kids bunk bed. It’s the nicest thing we own, handmade from wood and custom made as a gift. I’m beyond fire. I’m the mother of dragons now. What’s beyond rage?

2 Likes

After the ban on ddt and other pesticides, all the stuff is coming back. Malaria, bed bugs, the zika virus.

2 Likes

I’m scared to look in the bag. They might get out. I won’t be able to sleep for weeks.

ME -ready to go outside and open packages from now on… (Not my pic)

10 Likes

It’s NOT a funny situation, just had to try to lighten the mood a little… :grin: not much else left to do… I am sorry @Theara that all of this is happening, I know it must be absolutely horrible :persevere:

5 Likes

You’re right. It’s NOT a funny situation. But sometimes the best way to handle a not funny situation is to make it laughable for a second. We all need something light hearted and funny right now. Your comment doesn’t minimize the seriousness of the situation. It just distracts us from it for a brief moment. :wink:

6 Likes

That’s what I’m talkin bout @Katinafleming!! Sometimes we just need a lil distraction from the harsh reality.

2 Likes

I need this now and a gas mask.

1 Like

Apparently we could all use one, I guess you just never know… I would have never thought “Oh, I better make sure there aren’t any bugs in my package before I take it inside” It is just blowing my mind!!! :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Never crossed mine any of the times I’ve had packages. I was like whoa. I’m sure my eyes bugged out and I think I screamed

2 Likes

I would have done the same.

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

The raccoons and possums bring them into our yard, especially when it’s really dry. Our packages are being shuffled around throughout the country next to all the other boxes and bags. It’s feasible that the bugs came from traveling. Even the carriers could have an infestation in their trucks and cars.
Bed bugs and lice are bad in schools, too. Kids bring them in on their clothes and in their book bags. I believe they are so bad because of how the teachers are made(or choose) to set up the chairs and desks, now. Sitting in groups puts them closer together…closer to each other’s hair, body parts(germ city), and clothes rubbing against each other. It’s all disgusting. There isn’t enough GermX to keep all that under control. Classrooms are so cramped to make room for learning centers and larger class sizes that it’s not uncommon to have the back of their heads touching one another in the different groupings.

4 Likes

I can’t believe anything would be alive after that long of a time in plastic bags.

1 Like