**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

I wonder if that’s why the box had such a hard time getting to you @Theara :thinking:… It’s not cheap to ship “live creatures” :laughing: j/k… J/K!!

1 Like

Our scores match the terrible conditions lol. It’s so bad I’m considering bullet proof vests for the kids. The elementary isn’t too bad but I’m worried about the middle schools.

1 Like

Maybe our “sealed” bags aren’t as sealed as we think they are… :thinking:

2 Likes

I do feel like my kids are physically safe. A lot of the little schools around here have signs saying the teachers carry guns. Ours doesn’t say that. But I imagine there are teachers with guns in their purse. And overwhelmingly, it would pass if they voted to have armed teachers.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t pass here. The teachers are very Sex in the City lol. I had to face facts about the area and the city period. It has too much crime. I’m mulling over a gun license but I don’t like the idea of a gun in my house.

My grandad had a shotgun, hunted, fished and I don’t have problems with guns. Then I read about the gun accidents. If that happened here, I’d never forgive myself.

As a funny story, if grandpa broke his shotgun down in front of friends, they needed to go home. He also shot his thumb off once.

1 Like

Oh my this is just, well I have no words really. Is there some mohair or something that might have had bugs that spread somehow? I only ask because I bought some mohair on eBay that arrived with bugs. They were dead, but there. I threw it out of course- I did not even ask for my money back because I did not want to handle it for mailing it back. I did tell the seller about it and she seemed unconcerned.

3 Likes

Oh good question!

I have had RAW mohair with grass bits, gunk, and nits. Thankfully no live lice

1 Like

Just scrolled back through looking for @ashleyfox98 has she been informed about this unfortunate event…?

1 Like

The mohair looked weird. I did open that. It had black stuff inside. I’m tempted to check again but I can’t. I was stupid and curious and opened it to see if it made me itch.

Wool makes me itch and pet hair and really anything with feathers or fur makes me break out in hives and have an asthma problem. I was fine. I wonder…

I believe nits and “stuff” is a common thing, especially in raw mohair. I could be wrong though, maybe @Rainbowbabies could inform us on that if she has a minute. @jennyk @jlesser @Theara

4 Likes

honey-call-the-exorcist_o_1197659

4 Likes

It’s true. I just read so here.

http://www.mohairpacific.nz/index.php/health/lice

1 Like

I know. :frowning: I’ve been checking in periodically. I just have no words. I’m at work right now. Theara is going to send the box back to me where I’ll keep it outside to see what can be cleaned/treated and what needs to be tossed.

6 Likes

I think some of the clothes will have to be tossed out. Possibly the mohair? Is it safe to use a kit or should I assume heck no? Everything got tossed back in there as soon as I saw that move.

Live animals inside haha!

1 Like

Was it not written on the box @Theara ?? I believe she was supposed to notify the postman… Lol

1 Like

Just checking… I hate that you and @Theara are having to go through this. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m rocking back and forth thinking about lice. That broke me. I can’t. Let me go back to rocking lol.

2 Likes

There can be mealy bug or weevil eggs laid inside the grains at the farms, processing plants and during transport in the sealed containers that can later hatch. Freezing will kill them.

4 Likes

The kids said he threw it at them darn near. I wonder if something moved inside?

1 Like