Celeste Challenge Update

Yes that sounds like what happen, lol. It been a few times when I pulled the bottle out of my baby mouth to only find in that second she was sucking on her tongue as if the bottle was there and her tongue was out for that minute, lol. So yea I can see that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting

I opened the eyes on mine too. Worked out pretty well.

11 Likes

OMG! Thatā€™s awesome, Marion! Did you add a ā€œlipā€ to the edge or just leave the cut edge? I donā€™t see any lashes but would it be possible to root them? How did you secure the eye?

1 Like

Yes, you actually cut out part of the lid. Iā€™d try it on a test head first. :grinning:

Thatā€™s funny!!! Iā€™m glad I wasnā€™t drinking anything when I read that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You are B-R-A-V-E!! Great job!!

1 Like

I bought one this morning! I get to do this!

Iā€™ve never done this. I think Iā€™d like to try if it doesnā€™t rain on anyone elses parade? Do you guys mind?

1 Like

Go right ahead, Helen! The more, the merrier!! :grinning:

Great! Iā€™m dying to try it, but if you guys thought I was just a copy-cat I was going to wait to try it on a different kit. Itā€™s scary. I opened a mouth once and ruined the doll.

Well, I was trying to wait until Celeste went on sale or otherwise talk myself out of getting her. Buuuuttt, between the Celeste challenge, the free Realborn Kit for orders over $100 and now seeing how awesome she will look with opened eyes I decided to just do it. So Iā€™m in for the challenge :slight_smile:ļø Yay!

I got some headbands, plugs and neck rings and a gift certificate to use later when other stuff is on sale again (I was surprised that counted toward the total, but it did. Yay again!)

So there will likely be several open eyed Celesteā€™s cause Iā€™m jumping on that bandwagon for sure.

Also, I agree with whoever said her mouth looks like someone just took her bottle away. Iā€™ve seen babies ā€˜suck on their tongueā€™ like that, I have to think itā€™s what the sculptor was going for even if it does look a little goofy. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is there any way to use a Dremel to get and smooth the eyelid? I just found out we have one.

I think a round file would work better. The dremel vibrates too much and itā€™s a very small space.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I guess Iā€™ll use files.

I just ordered Celeste!! :smile:

1 Like

Yay! The more the merrier! Mine should be here tomorrow!

2 Likes

I just ordered her, tooā€¦now watch her go on sale tomorrow! LOL

Yea there will a few open eye Celeste in the Challenge, cool.

3 Likes

Gonna leave my Celeste with closed eyes. I canā€™t even figure out open eyed rooted lashesā€¦ I sure donā€™t want to mess up by carving out eyes lol

1 Like