Celeste Challenge Update

Sounds great

I prefer the non-gender belly plate. I donā€™t really care to paint the girl and boy parts and itā€™ll be covered up by a diaper, anyway. :wink:

3 Likes

I am so with you, Amy. I have a beautiful little Coco Blick that I havenā€™t begun cause I have to paint girl parts and am a bit uncomfortable about it. I have actually thought of selling the kit because of it.

2 Likes

I have painted all of the above but I donā€™t like the gendered ones eitherā€¦I just donā€™t see the necessity of them. Canā€™t imagine displaying a reborn with its diaper down anyway?..lol but each to their own I guess?? :confused:

3 Likes

Thank you for those responses. Iā€™m kind of relieved no one said ā€œcustomers prefer the anatomical onesā€ā€™ because I didnā€™t really want to spend a lot of time trying to make the ā€œbaby bitsā€ realistic. I am much more interested in the tummy and belly button than diaper area. If the one I already have looks good, Iā€™ll go ahead and use it.

2 Likes

Helen, you could do your Coco with a doe suede body.

Yeah, I know, but sheā€™s made to go together with the full body and Iā€™m just not sure. I still might sell her. I was terribly in love with the kit when it first came out, but not so much now. I think what I loved was the prototype, not the kit.

1 Like

Lorraine, I have only done the belly area for a belly plate. I have purchased some that go all the way up but they didnā€™t fit well around the neck and shoulders so I cut it just below the chest. I think itā€™s cute to see the tummy but have no need to see the rest.

@honojane - Helen, if the vinyl is soft enough, you can cut the girl parts off and just set it on top of the cloth body like the the other belly plates. Or, perhaps, just put her in a cloth body and sell the front and back plates.

I agree, Starr! I know the artist needs to show the product but it looks really strange for a baby to have an open diaper.

I plan to attempt a belly plate with my Celeste. It will be part of the doll when I give it to my daughter if I donā€™t decide to keep it for pictures. Will depend if the skin tones are too far off.

1 Like

Itā€™ll be difficult using that belly plate with another baby as the skin tones will be different.

I thought it might be. Will probably include it with her doll. Do you put strings through the holes to tie it on the doll? Or just lay it on the body?

You can use string or yarn but most just lay it on the tummy and the diaper holds it in place. Thatā€™s what I do, too.

3 Likes

OKā€¦ I noticed the holes in places so I figured it was supposed to be tied on. Just laying it on the baby sounds so much better lol

I do love the pics with the belly plate but they donā€™t snuggle well with it in place so I just slip the plate out.

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s understandable. Best for picture purposes. :smile:

2 Likes

Velcro can be used but has some issues. If you place one part to the plate and one on the body, then youā€™ll always have the Velcro piece on the body. If you only put the Velcro on the plate and let it attach directly to the body, it will ā€œpullā€ the material and it wonā€™t look so good.

2 Likes

@Sedonaangelbabies, yes you still have time as the challenge doesnā€™t end until the end of July

1 Like

Did you only cut an opening or did you add anything to the top lid? Did it need to be sanded?

1 Like

Agree because otherwise it would be easier to just pop a paci in the mouth. So encouraging artist to take on the challenge to increase our skill in learning how to do a open mouth. Great to bring that point to the table. Iā€™ll be able to find out next month if Iā€™ll be able to participate. Have to see how my money is. Glad to see another challenge up. Fun, fun, fun for all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@josdoll Have you opened many eyes? I was curious about how you stabilized the corners so that they wonā€™t continue to tear.

1 Like