Celeste Challenge Update

The BB forum is officially starting a Celeste challenge. The challenge is to make Celeste as adorable as possible. It is open to all skill levels.The challenge will end July 31st at 9 pm eastern time. This will give everyone 10 days to get the dolls and 2 months to complete them. Please send 2 pics (head and body) by that date to micholc@aol.com. Someone suggested displaying babies only in onesies, but I don’t think that will be necessary. Please try to showcase your work by not covering up the limbs and head unnecessarily. Good luck ladies (and gentlemen). Let the challenge begin. :grinning:

13 Likes

I bought mine this A.M. Ready, set, go! Oh, are you allowing fantasy interpretations?

2 Likes

Do we have any gentlemen? I always refer to us here as ladies, but I know there are some men in the doll world.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if there are men, but I didn’t want to exclude anybody…lol.

1 Like

I was thinking since everyone talked about the mouth being a challenge, should we make sure the mouth and tongue are visible in the head shot?

4 Likes

Well, yes. That’s the part that’s the challenge.

The only reason I say that is because in some of the prototype pics they have their faces angled away from the camera or covered up so you can’t see the tongue.

1 Like

Yayyyyyyyyy!! I have one here already so I will do this one as well. i just hope I can get her completed in time lol. I will I will!!

~Mandy

2 Likes

Okay, I ordered Celeste. I don’t know if I can do her justice, but I think she is beautiful, except for the odd chin. I’m in!

1 Like

I know two boy’s reborning …they have both a youtoube account and even tutorials .

1 Like

I’d love to see their babies. Can you tell us how to find them on you tube?

Reborn Daddy is one on youtube.

She has a cleft in her chin. I love it since my dad had one.

1 Like

Thanks for volunteering to manage the poll. I’m in again ordered my Celeste kit today. Surprisingly my husband even encouraged me too.

2 Likes

Cleft chins run in my family. I have a “dimple” rather than a cleft, but my two brothers have clefts. My Dad had a cleft and my two sisters have the slighter “dimples” like I do. My kids, surprisingly, do not have cleft chins. I guess it’s recessive. I’m not sure if my mother had a dimple, but I think so. She died when i was a baby so I only have a few pictures of her and they are put away. So Celeste’s chin, although extreme, doesn’t look too unusual to me. Her mouth though is caught in an awkward, licking position. That’s what is going to challenge me. I’m afraid she will come out looking like she’s sick or something.

2 Likes

Oh, no!! LOL! I think she’s kinda’ cute. I just wish she had open eyes.

I never even thought about the “puppy” look until somebody mentioned it lol. To me she looks like she was sucking a bottle, fell asleep and the bottle fell out of her mouth. I gave my Celeste a bath today so I can start painting her soon.

3 Likes

Is anyone doing a belly plate for Celeste? I have never done one, but would like to try. Any suggestions on favorites? I know I should pick one that matches her size of kit, but any advice on full belly plate, partial, anatomically correct? I have not every used one either, so I don’t know if one is better than another.

1 Like

I think any of them that fits her would be okay. I don’t think one is better than the other. But I’ve never done one.

1 Like

I think I ordered the large Tasha Edenholm for my Presley. I may see how that will work. I’m sure you want to paint the tummy plate along with the rest of the kit so the skin tones will match, so I should figure this out before I get started.