Your VERY FIRST reborn baby!

I am a retired geriatric nurse, and did not reborn until I retired. Working and keeping house, gardening etc. was impossible and my crafting went by the wayside, so I know how hard it is for you. I’m not the nurse you were talking about, but I did keep my first reborn. I’m sure your dolls will sell, you do a good job.

2 Likes

This was my first reborn but I am new to reborning so she was completed not that long ago! Cheapo kit from ebay and I made a TON of mistakes!!

13 Likes

I just love her personally! And I don’t see a bruised look at all? I am heavy handed with vein blue on some dolls. The artist in me loves contrast a tad too much. But I really think she’s done beautifully! Looks just right to me. The vein blue is what adds a lot of dimension, depth and realism to the doll. We just have to be careful not to make zombies! Lol. (Unless that’s the intended look of course). :blush:

1 Like

As so many established artists have told me, keep on making those mistakes! That’s how we learn. I know that’s hard to swallow at times. In my case I kept making the same mistakes over and over seemingly intentionally?
At one point I decided I must be insane and couldn’t even look at a reborn head. lol. My frustration was so high that a took a mandatory week break.
Which did help.

2 Likes

Bless your heart! Geriatric nursing is a very very special area of healthcare to me. Babies and the elderly! They pull on my heart strings without fail. Even the cranky ones! :blush:
Thank you for your kind compliments!
Add 3 kids, a new kitten and menopause (the dreaded M word! lol) to my hectic schedule and I’m lucky to get a completed Doll done in a month!

1 Like

I have a feeling we are not the only reborn addicted RN’s in the world. Lol
I know I’ve created a few addicts just from bringing my doll purchases to work.
I truly can’t Thank You enough for your sweet compliment on my little AA preemie. Boy did I work hard on her!!
Days even! Just on her head! Her kit is pretty stark white so you can imagine the hours of layers and blending that went into her. I love this sculpts sweet little legs, but I’m searching for another sculpts preemie arms that are a bit more cuddly. I tend to like the sweet little closed fists.
I mentioned in another post how little time I have to work on Reborns. But I’m also a perfectionist and a procrastinator. Ugh! I have a tendency to stop working on one doll and jump to the next. :o/. So I have a lot of heads around the house. Which has gotten very interesting responses from guests! And usually not good ones! lol

Another member commented on how long it must have taken me to root 5,000 lbs of hair on tiny little Chanel’s head. Because it was my first rooting attempt, I did NOT micro root her hair.
So I compensated for my lack of ideal rooting by making her hair thick.
I don’t recommend this! The cost of mohair is too high. And the results are not up to par.
It actually took me much longer to achieve the very dark skin tone on my AA doll than it did to root.

I lined up all my dolls in my collection in a row and all I could see were $+$+$+$+$. It was almost too much to bear to think about!
So my new rule is: I cannot buy a new doll unless I sell a doll.
I’ve broken this rule way too often. :blush:

1 Like

I had never heard of reborns until a couple of months ago. I teach childbirth and newborn care classes and was looking online for realistic newborn dolls. I came upon reborns which I knew nothing about, and became intrigued. I decided to bring a BB newborn to life! After I finished “precious gift”, I put it to vote on my Facebook page whether boy or girl. He was voted boy hands down! My son named him Harrison. He’s a huge hit at my classes. Both mom’s and Dad’s take turns holding and cuddling him!

22 Likes

She needs a little sister or brother. :wink: She’s too precious to be all alone.

@Jillian737
Great first baby! Love his coloring. I’m a nurse too. It must be a nurturing thing we have.

3 Likes

Very nice first baby! You have to keep going, because each one will surprise you with how much sweeter they get!

Thank you! I had such fun making him! I’ve just finished my second baby, a present for my granddaughter for Christmas!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Rhonlynn! As another member mentioned, us nurses seem to be in good company. :blush:
I have had this weekend off and been enjoying every second of it. But I’m not sure I’ve been that productive. lol
The cleaning fairy must have taken the weekend off too!? :open_mouth:

I am very surprised to get a compliment on my wacky little Libby.
She was actually an “Oops! Baby”. As in Oops! The brows just ain’t working, Aaaak! So I took her in an unusual direction. She reminds me of a cat. So I named her Lynx. If I can Manage to finish her “cat like” hair, she might be an interesting Halloween Doll.
Again thank you so much for your kind words!

I was so happy my first reborn sold it was Taylor a preemie it was hard to give her up however I have made 17 more babies since than all together I sold 11 It feels so good to put smiles on peoples faces I so love making these beautiful dolls

2 Likes

my first baby and my first posting picture here…LOL…test

19 Likes

Awesome first baby !

Your little one is such a cutie. I can see why your students would love him.

Thank you! It is so cute to see the Dad’s hold him ever so carefully!

Jillian

Here is Paisley, my second re-born

7 Likes

These are all VERY BEAUTIFUL babies! Thanks everyone for sharing! Keep Sharing, We absolutely love seeing photos of our kits after they’ve been reborned! :smile:

1 Like

My first, Violet kit. I had such a hard time with the eyelashes.

10 Likes