Your VERY FIRST reborn baby!

This is Ethan from the Bella sculpt. Poor guy. I’ve come loooong way!

11 Likes

Okay…I’ve just finished my first and only reborn… so far. She is a 10" Emma by Ms. Pratt. Any critisism would be welcome, good OR bad. I know my rooting needs work. I will be getting some new supplies and taking my time next time around.
I am hoping to make clothes for this size of baby since they are hard to find, especially little shoes!

Stacy

17 Likes

Very well done, love your eyelashes. But all of it looks nice and natural :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just followed Ms. Pratt’s videos, but used tweezered cosmetic sponges instead of a natural sea sponge. I only did two coats of the lip/blush color on her lips. I have to confess, I am a portrait artist, but have never looked as close to a baby’s face as I’ve had to do for reborning! :o)

1 Like

Stacy, your Emma is precious and you couldn’t have done a better job. Your nice pale skin tones and blushing are perfect and your rooting will get so much better with practice. I’m very impressed…it’s laying down and looks very natural on her head. WAY TO GO!!!

1 Like

Here it goes…I was so proud at the time but now am embarrassed to show it. She is with one of my favorite babies I made (my real one! LOL)

FIRST

I learned a lot from my first (which I stripped three times before getting this result, thus the high shine…) Here is my second:

SECOND

14 Likes

Wow @crystalmae! I really like your second.

2 Likes

These are all so wonderful! I have enjoyed seeing all these Babies!

1 Like

Thank you @EmilyBB! That is a huge compliment! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is my 1st that I did 6yrs ago. My little Teagan and I still have him.

14 Likes

my first baby was from the Cookie sculpt, I named him Jasper. He still has my heart even though he went to his forever Mommy years ago :smile:

15 Likes

Oh Boy! Lol. I’m scared to death to post my first! So I’ll warn ya. She is is the Libby sculpt. I kinda just did my own thing with her and during the process she turned into a pixie/punker? I am still very new to Reborning. I have about 7 dolls all in unfinished stages. And some make over dolls.

My second doll is also my first and only AA doll up to date. I enjoyed doing her more the most and I think it shows. I put much more time and dedication into her. My third doll was my first and last rooting attempt! Lol

11 Likes

You sound so much like me. I can’t wait to see your ethic sweetie! I am also an RN and I work weekend nights.
And I’m also a Reborn addict. I have not sold my first Reborn yet. I want to give her very eccentric WILD painted hair to match her “bizarre?” Look. But my hair painting is very time consuming. So I’m not holding my breath on when that will come to fruition. I don’t have a problem selling her when she is done, the question is? Will she even sell? I have a couple other eccentric type dolls I’m working on. I’m curious to see how the public will receive them. It doesn’t matter to me if they sell low. I just hope they are loved. :blush:
But with my second doll I made, I am quite attached! But with me ya never know. My goal is to sell my dolls to buy other artists dolls. Doesn’t make much sense does it! Lol
Oops! This was meant to be a comment for the reborn addicted RN who asked about keeping our first dolls. I can’t remember her username. :O/

1 Like

Very impressed!!! Especially with the brows! Brows are still very hard for me. I must agree, I see dedication and talent! Can’t wait to see more from you!
Ugh! I don’t think I’m replying correctly again? This was meant for Rhonlynn

This was my first.

11 Likes

That is an amazing first Reborn!
On my first dolls I had a tendency to add too much paint. But you really nailed the delicacy of painting. Love him!

I just wanted to add that this is tiny little Chanel. She has absurdly thick hair! And I’m still not done with her???
I rooted like a wild woman on her and she sat tucked away for months. I’ve learned so much since this first doll, that I feel in order for her to turn out well, I need to go back and pull out hairs. Last thing I want to do. Not to mention she has about $200 worth of mohair on her head.

Michelle you did such a lovely job on him. Please show us your second when you are done. Our firsts are never easy and everyone’s little pumpkins look fantastic!

1 Like

Holy Moly @crystalmae! You did learn a lot! Am I right that this is “Eden”? The eye color is just beautiful. One of my favorite Eden’s!

1 Like

I think everyone saw my first reborn on another topic, but I’ll post her here. I just had someone who looked at her in real life say she looked bruised. So I guess too much blue undertones on her face…lol.

15 Likes