Your Thoughts On Toddlers

I’m a creeper at 378 months

9 Likes

I’m still a bed baby :rofl:

12 Likes

I worked in a daycare and that was about the same. Toddlers are those that can… Toddle… Walk. I have a toddler reborn, she wears 12-18 months. She has a huge butt, so I try to get 18 month in bottoms and 12 in tops. Anything bigger than her, and I’m creeped out lol

4 Likes

I don’t collect so I don’t have a lot of creepy dolls hanging around, but I love to paint the bigger kits. (Rooting, not so much.) I want to, eventually, do a child sized kit, but I have to get better at air dry first.

5 Likes

This was not a doll per say, I bought a large dancing skeleton last yr off marketplace. Before I put him in storage we would catch him in the corner or our eye and get startled. So my older daughter came home for the Holidays and we had a great time putting him all over the house scaring my 15 yr old. We videoed her one time and I dont know what came out of her mouth ha ha

4 Likes

I have reborn two Kenzie’s and now Toddler Emmy all for my sisters. I love reborning them just for experience. I don’t have an opinion to give as they won’t be staying with me.

3 Likes

Oh, OK. I was just curious. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah thats one thing I dont like, when the reborn is the size of a Liam or even bigger, and the face looks like a child. It’s toddler sized, therefore should still have the cute toddler face :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t like the super long hair either. :grimacing:

2 Likes

She’s a sculpt I keep coming back to. She’s a cutie for sure :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Your talent is so amazing. I love your babies!

4 Likes

Love the sculpt that is by your name look so real can you tell me who she is

2 Likes

Love the toddlers and love creating them. They take time to make and its hard to part with them. I made a cookie 10years ago a redhead and called him Harry he made me smile. I never could part with him and currently I am making 2 June awake 7 months one for me and one for someone else to hug

to hug. :sun_with_face:

8 Likes

Love that sculpt to she brings a smile on your face when you see here
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And she is big to paint maybe i will try that again and see if i can get the sculpt somewhere

2 Likes

If you are speaking of Cookie, she is sold by BB. I am sure she is out right now, but if you put a check mark on her page, they will let you know when she comes in again. Then, of course, you may come across one someone is wanting to get rid of. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I specialized in child dolls for quite a while before moving back to newborns. Lol. People loved them.

3 Likes

Mia by Irina Kaplanskaya. She’s one of my favorite sculpt’s. I absolutely love her.

1 Like

To me, toddlers are babies that can walk, thus the term ‘toddlers’. My son walked at 9 months. I like the toddler size dolls but not the child sized, 5 year old ones. It’s like having a stuffed child in your house. Some I’ve seen are beautiful, though.

4 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of toddler kits because toddlers are so much more expressive, and I think it’s much more difficult to bring that expressiveness to life and have it look realistic. I love preemies-big babies, but toddlers and the children sculpts tend to fall into the uncanny valley for me where they creep me out.

4 Likes

@Katinafleming, That’s a cute way to classify them! :blush:

I worked in a daycare in what we called the infant and toddler room. Infants were 0-1 and toddlers were 2. Once they were 3 they went to the pre-school room. That was one of my most favorite jobs, I still think of those little ones from time to time. Sometimes a kit will remind me of one of them.

I also grew up calling 1 year olds babies, but I definitely understand people calling babies who can walk toddlers. Of my own kids I had one start walking at 8 months (within a week of turning 9 months) and one who started walking a couple of days after turning 9 months. I absolutely refused to call them toddlers, they were still babies to me. My latest walker was at 15 months, but I still couldn’t bring myself to call her a toddler until she was 2.

Some of my most favorite reborned toddlers I have seen have age appropriate hair. Of course there are the outliers of real babies/toddlers who some have tons of hair and some that have almost none. I have seen adorable reborn toddlers with long hair too.

This is a fun conversation! Babies, toddlers, and reborns, some of my most favorite topics! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes