What does your husband think?

My husband isn’t into Harley’s but he loves to Golf. He’s extremely supportive of my hobby. Originally the babies freaked him out but now he’s okay with them. His only issue is that he doesn’t think I charge enough for them. He often comes home and says “what’s for dinner?” “Oh…babies”. I usually have some baking. He surprised me last year by taking me to ROSE. He’s very disappointed that he can’t come this year because he has a conference in Washington DC. He doesn’t seem to mind if we take one with us when we travel cause he loves watching people freak out over them. :laughing:

9 Likes

Check out the thread Helen @honojane started:

6 Likes

My husband is great about it all, he knows leaving work was hard for me (I was a PA) but being home was more important to me so he’s been completely on board with whatever I want. Every time I’m done I go beaming to him with a baby in my arms and say look at him/her and he reaches for them with no hesitation and bounces them while I tell him all their stats. He really studies them look at each detail the hair etc and gives me a great compliment! Plus… Secretly… He knows it staves off my baby fever and if I’m not asking for another baby then he wants me to keep making them! Ha! He’s so done but I’d love one more. I don’t have a pic of him with one of my babies but this is my little family

9 Likes

I think my husband likes seeing me happy with my dolls. He seems to be proud of my work when talking to others, but to be honest, I think he just doesn’t care as long as it supports itself. Of course he likes when I make a little money but he is very unhappy if I need to borrow from the budget for supplies. :scream:

4 Likes

My hubby loves the fact that I am reborning and helps me in every way he can…!!When a new one is finished and I show it to him, he always has the most beautiful expression on his face…he really loves the dolls and is very happy to tell people that we REBORN babies …!..Never has said that I am buying too much stuff, he simply trusts that I know what I’m doing…so that is why we are on a tight budget…I put us on one…:-)…will get a photo of him holding his baby soon and post…!!

7 Likes

Well my husband…

LOL! I’m not married. I am only twelve. But my parents think it’s kinda cool. They like watching me get excited to sell one.

9 Likes

I don’t have a Husband anymore, but… he hated them. Said they were stupid and that I would never amount to anything (said that about anything I tried to accomplish) Which, is one of the reasons we are not married anymore.

9 Likes

Good move !

5 Likes

Thank you :smile:

3 Likes

im so sorry … That is sad that he wouldn’t support your interests :confused:

2 Likes

My husband is pretty good about it. He appreciates the art. I am a Homeschool mommy of a 4 and 7 year old. My time is almost completely consumed with my children and husband and this is my creative outlet. This is also my “me time”. I also do a little crocheting and graphic designing.
I’m glad for the ones who have supportive husbands. It’s always nice to have support of the ones you love.

5 Likes

Well… He should EAT HIS HAT! There are many choice words I could of used here, but my mom would be proud I picked HAT. Lololololol :wink: wasn’t he wrong!!!

6 Likes

Wow! What a man cave!

4 Likes

Like I said before my hubby will not even touch the babes reborns I make. He will say oh that looks real, but all together backs away. I have my hobby and he has his. It is not a motorbike but Golf clubs, golfing, and so on. He has a great handicap and hopes to later travel and play for wins. So, I have oil wells and I use my money to buy supplies but he says it does not seem like I make a really great profit. He even went so far as to tell me no more free baby give aways!! I was horrified -I like making others happy. So, I need to finish the two I am doing and buy a few bassinettes for the grand babies coming. But yes, it is a hobby he leaves me to. I even have taken over the living room and it was his idea. :smiley:

1 Like

My hubby is supportive, gives me honest critiques. When i finished Larry, he saw it after i went to bed, woke me up to tell me how amazing it was…lol
Not so supportive this time of year at tax time…lol😬

7 Likes

Hey Lambie, I had an awesome Suzuki dirt bike----WAY back in my younger days. I loved going to the desert riding it was so much fun, you really had to watch out for the dune buggies though, they were not always the safest things to be riding around!!! Miss those days!!

3 Likes

That’s ok that you are not married yet - you have lots of time before you need to be concerned about that! There are lots more important things in your life right now. Enjoy where you are in life right now - it goes away all too soon.

2 Likes

Well, Bob and I aren’t technically married… Yet. But may as well be lol. He is very supportive of anything I do and I am the same with him. He actually likes the dolls and has to show them to anyone that comes around lol. And weirdly it is the guys that are most intrigued by the dolls. My son’s friends really love them. Bob never says anything about what I buy. I asked him one night in bed if he thought the babies were weird. And he said "Now if it was my ex husband… Blech!

6 Likes

My husband and kids are really supportive. My husband works for S&S Cycle and makes high performance parts for Harleys. So we ride too. He also has a love for 70’s Ford pickups and likes to rebuild them. So we both have our hobbies. And He lets me take the babies with us when we go places. He’s such a sweetheart.

2 Likes