What does your husband think?

LOL!! I don’t like being a passenger at all! It’s super-boring. I do love riding my own, though.

5 Likes

Lolololol I’ll tell him I need my own! Hahahaha

4 Likes

My husband would think he had died and gone to heaven! he is very supporting of with my affliction, he even ask should he take the week off so he can cook for all of us during the Rose Show :wink: I LOVE our Harley as much as husband does ! Wish we could all get together and ride through the mountains this summer it is beautiful! What kinda bike did Paul get?

6 Likes

My hubby is very supportive. I come out of my studio when I am done with each one, and he always compliments me on them. At our house the joke is mom is making babies in her room :smile: He even tells everyone that I make babies, and doesn’t think twice about it. He tells more people than I do. He works close to the Post Office so he will drop them off for me. The lady at our Post Office says your wife must have sold another baby. He says anything about how much I spend in fact he doesn’t even ask anymore, and never complains about the time I spend in my room. My boys who are 18 and 17 don’t think anything either. But when they were young I would tell them to let me know when their friends came over because I had baby parts everywhere. They told me not to worry about it since it was my second job. So I am very blessed with a supportive family. When my Etsy store is busy he will even do all of the house work for me.

9 Likes

My hubby doesnt care one way or another. If I see a kit I want or went on sale he easily hands me the card. But he also knows I wont buy any if we are short on money for what ever reason. The first doll he helped me insert the eyes. He made a big deal out of it when our 3 yr old son had to show Daddy his new Monkey. It was cute. Told all the girls how nice their babies were and helped me align Kameko’s dragon eyes…
This baby I am working on now I think he likes the most so far. Gotta do a few more things but it is coming along really well.
He plays computer games and buys in game items and such and drinks and smokes which I dont do sooo he spends more on unnecessary items than me anyways. lol
Plus I have always been doing some sort of craft and this kinda ties some of them together so I really enjoy it. I haven’t sold any yet but haven’t tried either. I am sure hubby will be more on board and encouraging if I do sell any. :stuck_out_tongue:
And I am still trying to get up the nerve to ask him if I can drive to ROSE… me and my 12 yr old really want to and it is only 5 1/2 hours away… I wouldnt be doing any of the classes though… or contests, maybe just the baby shower, and meet some of you guys. And have some Mother/Daughter time. But he would need to get time off from work and watch the other 4 kidlets for a few days.

And on a more personal note… I got my tubes tied also after baby #5… and this is about the time after each baby that I feel like we should “try again”… lol. So here I am making vinyl babies… hahaha. :wink:

8 Likes

No worries just ride :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️ It !

2 Likes

Oooooo Nice bike,Nikki!

This is my sons Harley…(and no the guy with the large belly in the background is not my son…lol)

Love the bike @AmyR777 - you look like you’re having fun. :smile:

10 Likes

I’m also lucky enough to be blessed with a supportive husband. After seeing how reborning helps with my depression, he’s even more supportive than ever. He gave me over half his Christmas bonus and helped me to choose which kits to buy with my new dolly dollars. He likes to hold each baby as I complete them and he lets me know if they feel “just right”. He’s even shown an interest in having a go at reborning himself, providing he can make a ‘monster’ baby. How cool is that? :smiley:

My two grown up daughters find my dolls ‘creepy’ but both tolerate them because my hobby makes me happy. My eldest even braved a reborning site to buy me a kit for my birthday :blush:

12 Likes

Nice bike, Starr!

@SilentSleepers Sam, it’s great your family supports you in this. My sons both think it’s weird but now they love the pics I send them because the baby “looks so real”. On some level, they’re proud of me…they haven’t quite admitted that, yet. :wink:

8 Likes

My husband isn’t super active in liking them. But when I ask him if he sees a cute cheap onesie at Walmart to pick it up for me he does do that lol. But when I start rambling I can see him turn off his brain lol

We had all girls so he’s really good at picking out cute girly clothes

8 Likes

WOW!! My hubby would do it but he’d Skype me from the store. Since I LOVE to shop for baby clothes, I haven’t ever asked him.

4 Likes

He’s really good with those seasonal little outfits you see on the end caps. Like at Halloween they have little onesies and shoes with tutus and at Christmas they have Christmas onesies. He’s really good about picking out really sweet ones.

I love baby clothes shopping too butu sometimes I realize ‘hey! I need a holiday outfit and he has to be at a walmart or target to stock product anyway’ so I’ll ask him. Now he is NOT good with baby shoes or socks lol

3 Likes

My husband, like Helen’s, loves whatever makes me happy. He knew when we married that I enjoyed art and was looking for something I could do at home with it. When I discovered reborns, I knew I had to try. He encourages me to keep going. I’ve even had him hold them a few times when taking photos for eBay.

6 Likes

That would be an adorable thread! Husband’s holding reborns. I think my heart melted at the thought

6 Likes

My husband is very supportive; he says he is very glad I have found something to do that I like. He carries pictures of the babies in his phone and shows them off to his many contacts. He has asked for more pictures which I still need to provide; that will be this weekend’s job. He has named a couple of them for me. Attached is a picture of him with my last one completed.

His body position is classic for him - that is the same way he has held small babies since our boy was an infant. I am blessed to have him for the past 45 years!

19 Likes

So sweet! :heart:

1 Like

OMG! So sweet! This is a great photo!

2 Likes

My husband is a little creeped out by my reborns, but he is fine with me making them.I try to not take parts out of the oven when he’s around, but I do wander around with a half bald head when I’m rooting and he just thinks it’s funny. He likes the half rooted heads because he says they look like him! He avoids the “doll room” though and that’s a good thing. I’m thinking if he ever figured out how much I’ve invested in this art form, he’d flip! I hope he never opens the closet in there!
Overall, he is very supportive and has never said anything bad about it. We’ve been married 50 years, and we understand each other pretty well by now. He’s a musician and I don’t share his love of all the music he loves, I’m an artist, and he doesn’t share all my art preferences either. But his jazz is my art…once I explained it to him that way, he understood. Bottom line, he encourages me to do what makes me happy, and I do the same for him!

5 Likes

Let’s start a new thread: Husbands holding reborns. I’d have to take a picture for it as soon as I could!
I’m going to go start one!

5 Likes

My husband is very supportive :blush: He really lives by the saying “If Momma is happy we all are happy” lol

7 Likes