Ups šŸ˜”

What if we sold a doll and then told the customer that they now owe a convenience fee before we can send it? We would be labeled as a scammer. So how does UPS sell postage and then insist on extra in order to deliver the package? Same. Damn. Thing. Scam!

6 Likes

Is Esther aware of the outrageous fees being charged?

4 Likes

I have no idea

2 Likes

Oops this order was Truborn. I did say Irrisistables in my earlier post.

I did order 1 kit from Irrisistables before and paid $50 in shipping and another $50 to UPS. :frowning:

4 Likes

Please share the issue with Bobbi. Pretty sure she canā€™t do anything about it this time, but would be great information for her to have next time she is shipping to Canadaā€¦

4 Likes

Ya she canā€™t help what UPS does. I did order from her before but Iā€™m thinking she sent USPS because I ordered two kits and didnā€™t get charged anything crazy. Maybe thatā€™s what I was even thinking when I ordered: TruBorns would ship USPS and Irresistibles would ship UPS. It was a preorder so itā€™s been so long I canā€™t even remember what I was thinking.

I think I remember reading that she moved so maybe she changed her shipping methods too?

1 Like

I still have those two kits in the original box they got shipped in. I just checked it and she did not use UPS she shipped at DHL. So I guess I just assumed she didnā€™t use UPS.

1 Like

My packages from Bobbi come USPS. I do hope you will contact her.

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream: what possessed you to buy instead of asking me or Caitlyn?

And what the h@ll is the brokerage fee?

3 Likes

Yeah now she wonā€™t do that again!!!

3 Likes

That whole brokerage fee is a rip off! I would be complaining to UPS about that and letting the seller of your goods know as well. If I ever did ship something to Canada again I would not have a problem with sending it USPS if asked by the buyer and they understood I am not responsible if it gets lost or takes a long time. Maybe you should send a message and ask sellers if they will ship to you via USPS.

Iā€™m working up to it. I donā€™t want to come across as complaining to her about something she has no control over

3 Likes

Well I preordered and had no idea when they were going to come in and I didnā€™t know where Caitlyn would be. Since I didnā€™t have a high fee when I ordered from her before I never expected it this time. So I figured I could just deal with the tax since Iā€™d be paying for someone to ship them to me anyway and the shipping was free over $200. Even with UPS itā€™s never been this high before. Iā€™ve only ever had a $30 fee plus tax from UPS which is still higher than anyone else.

The brokerage fee is the fee they charge me for collecting my tax :confused:

3 Likes

Definitely not. Good thing you have lots of space in your new apartment to collect all my shopping for me. :rofl: And I guess from now on if I am ordering from the US Iā€™ll have to confirm itā€™s not coming UPS even if itā€™s a place that hasnā€™t shipped UPS to me before.

3 Likes

Yes I think Iā€™ll have to confirm the shipping method for sure, not just assume from past shipments. Iā€™d totally rather wait the extra time than pay all that extra money. Itā€™s probably even cheaper than that to send it 2day with USPS. Not that Iā€™d want to but I bet it is. It was only two kits.

1 Like

You wonā€™t come across as a complainer. You will come across as someone who is trying to help her business. As a seller, she needs to know so she can avoid this in the future.

1 Like

I hate UPS with a passion. They always mess up the adresses , decide they are not able to deliver at my house in winter and let the parcel at a collecting point without notifying me, charge too much in fees, either if I received a parcel or send one. I once received an invoice after sending a doll, somehow having to pay an extra 20$ on top of what I have already paid to ship.
They are garbage and scamners.

1 Like

Insane! And then itā€™s a tax in the brokerage fee!! :rage:

Ya I was a little irritated that they left the notice that they missed me and would have to come back the next day. I was home with three vehicles in the driveway, they didnā€™t even ring the bell.

I ordered from Staples one time and never got my package. I finally called to see where it was and they told me it was delivered. I said I never got it. They said yep tracking says it was delivered and left in the front porch. I donā€™t have a front porch so I looked into more of the delivery info and they delivered it to my house number and street name in some city in Quebec! Iā€™m in Northwestern Ontario!

1 Like

Ya itā€™s ridiculous