Ups šŸ˜”

Yes and thatā€™s why I would normally avoid something shipped by UPS. And even more so now if these are what the fees are going to be. Not the shippers fault at all. Canadians buy a lot from the US so we arenā€™t unaware of taxes and customs and expect to pay them, but this one is crazy.

Yesā€¦ there is insurance available from PirateShipā€¦

2 Likes

I was always under the impression the taxes and fees are charged by your country so why would it be different from one shipper to another?

The shipping company collects the taxes for the country, but the fees are charged by the courier company as their payment for collecting my taxes. UPS usually calls theirs a brokerage fee.

interesting. I had no idea!

1 Like

Shipstation and Pirate ship has exactly the same prices. I already compared. But interesting to find out if you find them different. Same as Ebay has their own discounts. 3 of them exactly the same.

1 Like

If you are dealing with UPS website and shipping inside the US, their always give you a code that brings prices down by $4-$5.

USPS doesnā€™t even come to pack the packages when I schedule picked-ups :frowning:

1 Like

I lost access to SHIPSTATION through PayPal for shipping random packages that werenā€™t purchased using PayPalā€¦

1 Like

Really? That is weird.

I canā€™t access it through PayPal, but if you go directly to the SS site you can login to it with PayPal password.

https://signin.shipstation.com/login?state=hKFo2SBpbHItOUUyRXM5STRfX3ZGbVBtOEFJZnRVNEZPekxpa6FupWxvZ2luo3RpZNkgeVNZM3hiZDNfMGZ6eGI1NXZpUl91Q1RzaktTOU9JeW6jY2lk2SBaa2JCb3hMSDk4MkhpbzBOeXFyTzlvdHltRzV2T3huRA&client=ZkbBoxLH982Hio0NyqrO9otymG5vOxnD&protocol=oauth2&connection=&audience=ss%3Awebapi&disableCaptcha=false&auth0LoginConfigToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJkaXNhYmxlQ2FwdGNoYSI6ZmFsc2UsImlhdCI6MTY3OTQxMzgzMiwiZXhwIjoxNjc5NDE0NzMyfQ.ygz1TPhkdrUQtsiKFcJOuUMybasvJpQZk7_nExZYrWw&database_connection=&forgot_password_link=https%3A%2F%2Fss.shipstation.com%2F%3FfromAuth0%3Dtrue%26forcetp%3Dtrue%23%2Fpublic%2Fforgot&scope=openid%20profile%20email%20offline_access&response_type=code&response_mode=query&nonce=LlVhVlh4YTlvY0VuekVseEF6dHJzYlBnOGIuTX5tc1ZvUkxPRUFzOVpIRw%3D%3D&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fss.shipstation.com%2Flogin&code_challenge=DPFtVuTqEFec_fMZycC38CS0i1J-42TEwt7gs6Qgyv0&code_challenge_method=S256&auth0Client=eyJuYW1lIjoiYXV0aDAtc3BhLWpzIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6IjEuMjIuMSJ9

1 Like

OK hereā€™s the breakdown of my $117.95 UPS charge.
$35.29 for the tax on the two kits that I ordered.
$73.15 for a brokerage fee
$9.51 for tax on my brokerage fee.

So it cost me the price of a kit in fees to order two kits. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s really interesting, I didnā€™t know that. Iā€™ve never been charged anything on gifts. I was told by a Canada post employee that I would only be charged fees if it was sent by a business but that was a few years ago and couldā€™ve changed or been incorrect.

Yes you are only allowed C$60 as a gift. So US$45 if you go over that then you pay.

And you are allowed C$20 as a purchase without having to pay as soon as you go over that then they start charging you

Interesting! Iā€™ve had gifts over that much and never been charged on it. Mustā€™ve gotten lucky lol
I also rarely get charged on purchases. Only from bb. And anything that fits in a padded envelope literally never has fees on it for me even if itā€™s over that amount. I donā€™t buy from the US too often though because Iā€™m paranoid about fees, so I guess Iā€™ve just gotten lucky a few times.

Yeah I say youā€™ve been getting lucky.

Good to know! Like I said I very rarely buy from the US. The times there are fees itā€™s too expensive and I canā€™t justify it.

I order from the US quite often but Iā€™m usually selective at finding something shipped by USPS. I avoid UPS as much as I possibly can. I just figured the $30 wouldnā€™t be so bad this time not realizing that it would be way more than $30 if I knew that ahead of time I would not have ordered them.

1 Like

The brokerage fees should be mentioned up front. Thatā€™s unethical for them to throw that at you without you agreeing up front.

3 Likes

Ya I actually wondered what would happen if I refused the package but I had no idea if UPS would end up charging the fees to Irresistibles and Iā€™d end up without a refund or kits. At least I have two expensive kits to show for my $

1 Like