Ups 😡

This is the reason I don’t like my orders from the US to be shipped using UPS. Tax in my province is 13%. I ordered two kits. Tax shouldn’t be more than $35. UPS is charging me over $80 for a custom fee. That’s freaking ridiculous. I could have bought a third kit from MacPherson for that.

7 Likes

Ooof! That’s awful!!!

Do you only have this issue with supply purchases, or do you have to pay customs on items sent via UPS from friends also?

I just came from the post office…I guess they’re really cracking down on fees.

If it was a gift under $45 then I wouldn’t have to pay. Over that and I’d have to pay even if it was a gift. I have to pay when it’s USPS too but it more reasonable, like $10 plus the tax

2 Likes

Good to know the dollar amount for the declaration form. Thank you. I have a package to send to a Canadian friend and I don’t want them to have to spend anything on customs.

Ya UPS isn’t the way to go. I usually get charged $30 from UPS so that’s what I expected this time. So I don’t know if they put their fees up or what but I was not expecting over $80. I can’t wait to see the form when they deliver it.

2 Likes

I am in Vancouver BC . today I went down Washington state and picked up my two kits from irresistible from a. PO Box. I paid $3 fee at PO Box as they email you when the parcel is in and you know you can go to pick up.

UPS not only adds the tax , they add a big fee as their fee to create a 2-5 min invoice .
Once I called them and complained. they can’t do much about the Tax, but I was able to make them cancel their fee. Since , that time I try not to order internationally if they ship through them.

UPS always dose the tax paperwork. USPS and Canadapost is hit end miss depending on value .

Sometime sis cheaper to ask a reborn artist to order the item or order and send to their address and they can just send it to your address. It would be cheaper.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s outrageous!

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking after I look at that receipt tomorrow I might be calling someone. That’s ridiculous. I do try and avoid ordering from places that will ship UPS. That’s the only option from Irresistibles. I’ve also placed orders and had them sent to friends for them to ship to me. For $82 I could’ve ordered 25 kits sent to a friend and that would’ve paid my shipping.

3 Likes

Totally. When I first saw the amount I thought to myself. Wow that’s more than I was expecting but now that I just figured out with the tax actually was and how much the fee was I’m feeling almost pissed off

2 Likes

I don’t blame you. That’s extortionate of them.

1 Like

The problem round here is that USPS has gone to crap. They have made all sorts of changes that require things to be routed through more channels and slowing delivery down. Packages are getting lost and damaged much more frequently. Mail in my hometown is no longer processed at the local PO if it is to be delivered locally. Now it is taken 60 miles away to Atlanta to be processed and then sent back to the next town over, Athens and then from there finally delivered locally. It is happening all over now. I quit using them and switched to UPS now because USPS is taking so much longer now and losing packages.

1 Like

I agree. USPS went to pot when the current postmaster general took over a few years back.

I find that UPS is much more reliable. And pirateship can get much better prices for shipping than taking your package into the UPS store to have them prepare the label. I’m not sure exactly how they do it, but it’s amazing.

2 Likes

Pirate ship for a 4lb 8 Oz box was less than half of what USPS charged with $300.00 insurance. I don’t know how they manage the lower rates…

3 Likes

Well, I would rather wait the extra time then pay all that extra money. I don’t want my package lost either, but there must be Insurance.

1 Like

To send something UPS for me is always more than Canada Post. Sometimes just by $10 but sometimes by $100. I find the more expensive the item is the greater the difference is.

Insurance does not cover all the stress and disgruntlement on both sides that lost and damaged packages cause. I don’t ship out of the US any more either though because everyone complains about customs fees and such and it is just too much to deal with for me. Sellers have to do what is best for them on their end as well and that unfortunately is not always what the customer would choose on their end.

2 Likes

I need to look into how this works. I have been using the shipstation through Paypal.

2 Likes

Really simple and gives rates for USPS, UPS, and FedEx

2 Likes

and you can get insurance with it for full coverage?