Top 10 Huxley contest finalists Link

Who was it on the forum that made the gorgeous ginger Huxley? I loved that one so so much. She reminds me of a girl I watch on YouTube.

I’m shocked she wasn’t chosen.

1 Like

Maybe @Peachtree? She made a couple of red headed Huxleys. One was a girl. I made a red head too. But mine was always a boy.

1 Like

I totally agree about the painted hair. I think it’s odd there isn’t at least ONE. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I agree with everything you said, but most especially with #5 being altered. It really changed the expression, and (my opinion) made him a prettier kit.* When the foundation is altered, the playing field is no longer even.

*Absolutely not knocking any of them, #5, or Huxley’s regular sculpt…but the doe eyes make any baby have that sweet, innocent look and there’s a reason “giving those eyes” gets kids most everything they want. Lol! #5 had an edge, so it wouldn’t have been fair unless all contestants had/knew they had, the same opportunity to make alterations.

5 Likes

Yes! Had we known we could alter the kit, a lot of us would have. But we were trying to show what could be done to the sculpt as it was created by Andrea. If I was her, I would be offended that someone altered it. I love the work of #5. Her babies are always my favorite. But they are always altered. Maybe instead of altering every single sculpt she touches, she should start sculpting her own.

6 Likes

Margret?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about her being offended.

3 Likes

Personally, I think the baby with the altered eyes looks so much nicer than the “unaltered” eyes. That’s the reason I haven’t purchased this kit, I don’t care for the eyes, they’re too uneven and are at a weird slant. JMO.

I do believe (like the rest of you) that a sculpt shouldn’t be altered if you are painting a prototype, as people should see the Kit as it truly is!!

4 Likes

Your two babies are both breathtaking. I honestly don’t how on earth you didn’t end up with either one of them in the top ten. I think #5 is a gorgeous baby, but if I was a collector, I would have wanted to own one of the babies you entered long before any other Huxley that made the top ten list!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. :heart::heart::heart:

Does this mean this is the winner of the kit? Is Cherie Banks the artist tagged in this post? If so, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

4 Likes

Those are the top 10. I haven’t seen anything about the 1st place winner. I want to know what kit they get to do the prototype for.

4 Likes

All of the Huxley babies are so gorgeous! They announced the winners on Facebook, I’ll attach the link:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=156582066075&ref=content_filter#!/MacPhersonCrafts/photos/a.10151619840946076/10157123642241076/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R

6 Likes

Yep. 3 already established prototype artists! That’s like America’s Got Talent allowing professionals to enter and then proudly announcing Drake, Taylor Swift, and Ed Sheeren as the winners. Did regular people even have a chance? Nope. Not really. :woman_facepalming:t2:

11 Likes

I didn’t realize they were already prototype artists!

4 Likes

Yep. They are beautiful dolls. But we thought the point of the contest was to give new people a chance to enter the prototype world. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

@cherielynn09 did you see this???

1 Like

It seems like a scammy way to sell kits. Not fair at all.

4 Likes

This is the one I was rooting for. She should have won. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow, that sucks! I thought the contest was for advancing artist too! It does make you think… did they really have a chance.

@Babies, thank you. I got so excited for her. But, she’s still a winner…made it to the TOP TEN!!! Competing against professional artist!

@Nikkiroc, I wouldn’t be surprised. That’s business.

6 Likes