Top 10 Huxley contest finalists Link

@cherielynn09 is an amazing artist and her reborns are top level, professional quality. Her babies and photography are gorgeous! I wish she would have won the prototype.

6 Likes

Hmm- is the first place winner the one that altered the kit by making the eyes bigger or something?

4 Likes

Yep

5 Likes

I firmly believe she alters them. Look at her Huxley’s upper eyelid compared to my Huxleys’.

That funny little swollen spot is gone on hers. The actual kit has puffy lids. So here’s my question. Will they allow her to do that on her prototype kit? And if so, what will we be buying? Will the final sculpt be Andrea’s sculpt or will it be the altered Tsybina kit? I think it’s only fair to expect the blank kit to look exactly the same as the kit they advertise. :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. :eyes:

2 Likes

Yes Nikki…I saw!!!

The winners all had beautiful babies…but I agree about the winning baby being altered…shouldn’t be allowed in a contest…you should have to work with what you are given.

NOW…that being said…on my 2nd Huxley…which is NOT a contest baby…I did shave her eyelids a little bit to make them more uniform looking :wink:

AND…thank you everyone for all your kind words about my entry!!! :hugs: :heart: :hugs:

7 Likes

Oh yes I can see exactly what you mean. Mine looked liked yours and the one I painted for my personal collection also had one eye socket smaller than the other. I think the other two Huxleys I painted were the same, but it was not as obvious for some reason.

My opinion is that I hate not seeing blank kits before preordering anyway, but prototypes should be what we are getting. I don’t want to have to alter a kit and would not buy one that I felt I had to do so. However, whoever judged this contest can surely see what we see and did not mind I guess.

3 Likes

Andrea Arcello was the judge. You would think she would be offended that someone felt the need to alter her work. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Obviously she liked the altered one better :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

It doesn’t seem fair to me that you can enter an altered kit. What would be the point? To me the point is to do your best work on the kit at hand.

5 Likes

She really should give an explanation.

4 Likes

If all the winners are prototype artists what’s the point of anyone else even entering?

8 Likes

Exactly.

I commented this on their announcement on their Facebook page… they “liked” my comment and then didn’t reply… :roll_eyes::crazy_face:

5 Likes

Did you mean to address your comment to me? Either way, I agree with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like