Stripping kits

Newbie has a dumb question. What is a pan pastel. I have not read about that yet. I think it is very creative to come up with new ways of doing things especially if you like it and it works for you.

1 Like

I do not think it is one way or another.
I do not wash the inside… but I also towel dry, then air dry. I can not towel dry the inside… so I would have to wait longer to start painting…

I have wondered if washing the inside removes the oils and makes the vinyl dry out faster… which I would not think of if I had not gotten an old kit that is crumbling/cracking on the flanges and has no flex without compromising the vinyl and cracking further. It is an old pink vinyl BB kit.

3 Likes

I do not think she needs stripped. I think she is cute.

2 Likes

Aww @Evee I’m so sorry for your tough year and I’m so glad you find solace In our work. I’ve had a very complicated few years myself, I bought Ashton drake dolls initially to comfort me, I had sculpted my own reborn from clay 5 years ago and was met with such disdain I thought I had closed that artistic chapter. Everyday I am still faced with a great deal of judgement and, frankly, appall about my reborning it can be downright heartbreaking. But I reconcile it all this way, it wouldn’t be art if it didn’t invoke strong feelings…good or bad…so when I am met with negativity I consider it a compliment, clearly my art is invoking emotion. I’ll chalk that up to a win. Comments like yours mean so much more than you could possibly know. God bless you and may his grace guide you to healing.

2 Likes

I’m not stripping Rose, I stripped Petunia :blush:. Rose has too much paint on her to take off lol.

3 Likes

Pan pastels are like chalk pastels in a pan form. Kind of like an eyeshadow pallet. I honestly don’t know much about them myself, but they are easier to control when blushing and doing details.

Lol. If I could find a wig I like, I would!

Thank you so much. I have to lean on God to get through each day.

4 Likes

She needs more than a wig though lol. That’s where I tried the polish remover before putting it in Petunia. LOL.

1 Like

These are my porcelain girls I rescued from garage sales and thrift stores.

4 Likes

I love the little Indians! So cute.

I will be using Luminaire air dry paints still waiting for them to arrive. They said there was a delay this is their busy time of year. Luminaire uses water to thin the paint. Do you know if rubbing alcohol works to remove air dry paints?

I don’t know anything about airdry. I’m trying to slowly learn about them myself. I would love to know how to use both types of paint.

I love what I see with genesis heat set paints and would love to use them but I have asthma. The luminaire air dry paints are supposed to be odorless. I hope I can achieve the same beautiful skin tones that I have seen with the artists that use Genesis.

2 Likes

I’ve e seen beautiful babies painted with the airdry! I think you will be fine. :blush:

2 Likes

Look on kemperdolls.com They have some cute ones.

1 Like

I use Windsor and Newton to remove any kind of paint from vinyl. It works great on air dry or heat set.

1 Like

I really like that!!! :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

I use Liquitex Soft Body and Hard Body professional acrylics. Just water to thin. I had some problems with Luminaire and couldn’t get the company to respond to my questions so I don’t use them anymore.

@Evee when I used alcohol on my dolls it caused uneven skin tones. Than was just my experience. When I stopped using that and Folk Art Glass and Tile Medium, (which made my paint peel), I no longer had any problems. Good Luck in finding your way!

I use Liquitex!

2 Likes