Stripping kits

Winsor and Newton brush cleaner. Acetone, I have been told, is very hard on the vinyl. I know you said you are not using that – I just put that in for future reference.

1 Like

It is fine to get them wet inside. I just put my pieces on the drying rack so their openings can have plenty of freedom to run out. I put a towel on the rack underneath the parts. It also allows air to get in there and help dry it. I like to leave mine at least 24 hours. If it doesn’t see really dry inside, I wait longer.

1 Like

Yes… they will be dry – if not, though, they can drip out on your parts as you are painting. I am sure you are getting yours dry.

1 Like

No. I was going to mention that earlier, but I am leaving so many comments! If you want you can put the plug in and it will keep you from being concerned about the water inside.

She is so cute! She does not look messed up to me.

1 Like

God is good @Evee. He is the only one youshould rely on for strength. He has helped me through so much in the past couple of years.

4 Likes

Incase anyone is wondering about my pan pastels, I watched numerous DIY pan pastel tutorials,but I liked this one. I used soft pastels because they are more pigmented. You can use it as a powder or add a few drops of alcohol to the powder to flatten it out after putting it in your container. The alcohol evaporates but leaves the powder in a cake like form. It worked perfectly and stuck to the vinyl VERY well.

6 Likes

Yes. I don’t paint until they are dry. :blush:

Thank you. Maybe one day when I finally learn how to paint hair I’ll fix her up. I just can’t picture her with rooted hair. And she can no longer be a bald baby because of what I’ve done to her. Lol.

1 Like

Why did they do that??

I actually seen two wigs I liked on that site! Ty for sharing. I’m thinking of putting a wig on Petunia since I won’t be selling her, and they have the cutest little wigs. I just need to check the size.

1 Like

@Tessa Why not to root Petunia since you rooting skills are very good and her head is very small?

1 Like

Can you mix pan pastels?

I need to find a mohair I really like. I won’t root another head with Ruby Red.
And one thing I’m not liking about rooting hair is, I directionally root. So if I root for a customer and they don’t brush it exactly how I rooted it, it looks so bad.
I don’t mind rooting at all. I just don’t like rooted hair, and I think it’s for the reasons I said above. Bad mohair, and styling issues.
I just need to perfect my craft I guess and learn more about mohair to feel confident in it.
I just seen a bald Petunia and she was really cute too though.

1 Like

To test for bomb residue. :frowning:

Ugh… that’s so sad. What is this world coming to. Even baby dolls are a threat. :disappointed:

Golden Fleece Boutique, Shangri La Ranch (Etsy), Slumberland, Delta Dawn are all sell mohair that I’ve used and found to be high quality.

1 Like

@Tessa Got it. She does not need mohair or wig if it will be lots of dressing involved.

1 Like

I bought Ruby Red mohair. Now I am thinking not such a good choice for my first time at reborning.

1 Like

Ruby Red is a great first time mohair. It’s very easy to root with. I actually recommend it to start with.
The thinner you have it, the better it will look.
I am slowly improving with my painting so I want to make sure my hair is equal to my work if that makes sense. I also have some rooting experience under my belt now so I don’t mind spending more on better mohair.
(When it comes to Ruby Red, I find the darker colors are better FYI)