Stripping kits

I know it will take me forever to paint so the inside will definately be dry. Lol

1 Like

I’m still painting a kit I started in December. Lol. That sucker is definitely dry.

1 Like

It may take me a year to finish my first kit. Lol

1 Like

In terms of being artistic, which I am not very artistic. This is the only thing I have done very well

It is a diamond painting.

10 Likes

Girl reading is your bff. I’m a sculpter, portrait, Mural landscape and makeup artist and none of it compared to reborning, I researched exhaustingly, most of my answers came from bb archives, lol. I waited a long time to join up due to my strong distaste of social media and what not but there is a priceless wealth of knowledge here and women that are happy to dole out advice with no agenda. It’s super cool.

5 Likes

I am surprised I joined the forum. I have a strong distaste of social media also. I usually just keep to myself. I have appreciated all of the reborn artists so much because the 5 babies I purchased have helped me get through a very very rough year. I don’t know when what I am going through will end. Your babies give me comfort. I have all of you artists to thank. Thank you all.

4 Likes

What a beautiful painting!! You did awesome!

Thank you. It is like paint by number. You put the colored crystal on the corresponding color on the canvas. I could not paint a picture.

2 Likes

@Tessa & @Melvil1980 Mee three! Newbie mistake - I thought that rubbing alcohol would be more gentle than odorless thinner. I guess I thought so because rubbing alcohol much cheaper than odorless thinner. :joy:

2 Likes

Never heard of that, it is nice! Sounds relaxing. @Evee

1 Like

I usually try not to get water INSIDE of the kit, as it was said in “Reborn Rith Me”. Am I doing it wrong?

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe it’s one of those thing that you have to figure out what works best for you individually. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think you are right about that.

I just wanted to make sure that it not something more behind the reason, like… if you don’t wash inside, your kit eventually gets oily (I just made that up as a reason to explain my question as my last experience with Twinkle he stopped taking mottling after certain number of layers)

1 Like

Maybe @jlesser will come along and tell us more!

1 Like

I don’t think there is a right or wrong way. I just know you don’t let it stay wet.
I look at it like washing dishes. You don’t put dishes in the cabinet wet but you still submerge the whole cup in water.
I think it’s up to the artist honestly. If you’re afraid of mold, then don’t submerge. Or if you’re wanting to paint the kit immediately, do not submerge.
Sometimes the inside of my kits limbs are dusty and I don’t like the idea of it possibly getting on my paint from my fingers by how I hold it. There are pros and cons to everything I suppose. We all have our own “thing”.
I’m sure I do a lot of things wrong by others standards. Lol. We aren’t supposed to use Genesis paints on kits but we all still do it. Lol.
I just made a homemade pan pastel for blush. I’m sure that’s wrong too but I tried it and I like it so I’ll keep doing it. Lol.

5 Likes

Same here. I learned the most from here.

1 Like

Poor little Rose. She is my practice kit. She gets all my experiments done to her lol.
I really love her limbs but I messed up her face and hair way too many times.

7 Likes

Seriously? I love how you painted her face. Put a wig on her.

3 Likes

I use acetone to ‘melt’ the vinyl to smooth the edges when I open the eyes on a closed eye kit. Windsor and Newton is a better option for stripping and it works really well if you apply it, let it sit for a minute and then wipe it off.

2 Likes