Soft touch varnish ** sold out**

The DecoArt Americana Soft Touch Varnish with the lavender label is not available. I think the DecoArt Media Soft Touch Varnish may be a replacement. michaels.com and walmart.com have the DuraClear Ultra Matte.

I was beginning to think I am crazy…
Glad to see I am not alone !

2 Likes

I received notification from PayPal but it said the money would not be taken from my account until it ships, which i haven’t gotten notification of yet. I ordered one from crafts 4 less also, and that one has shipped.

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought this was what everyone was talking about. :upside_down_face:

Not a big deal. :slightly_smiling_face: The Ultra Matte is what people are looking for.

Soft touch is what I have been searching for. I bought the ultra matte but don’t care for it as it’s got to much sheen, even with the starch.

I’m glad you mentioned this here. I was looking at PayPal the other day because I hadn’t heard anything from this company and no product. I have the exact same hold on the payment that you do. I was wondering, does this mean the money has not left our PP accounts yet and they are just holding it until the company charges for it and sends the product? I noticed the other day that PP put “void” on the transaction. Does this mean they have canceled it and the company can no longer try to charge us? Not sure what all this means. The PP description is kind of vague.

I went to PP and tried to cancel the transaction but PP says I can’t dispute it, that disputing it is not allowed for this kind of transaction. Maybe that means the amount was never charged by the company.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about PP rules but I think the company that you ordered the soft touch from NEVER should have let it be ordered------they knew they didn’t have it in stock. JMO

3 Likes

I think you’re probably right, Lynn!

1 Like

For what it’s worth: I too ordered the Soft Touch varnish from this company (same day you did). I never did get a confirmation email, which kind of freaked me out, so several days after the transaction I contacted customer service. I heard back from them within the day and they assured me that the product I had ordered was in stock when I placed the order and would be shipped within the next day or so. I never did receive an email saying it had shipped, but my package arrived this very afternoon. The only odd thing was that I ordered three jars and they only sent two (I assume it’s because they ran out). I purchased using my credit card (not PayPal), so I will have to check my bank account to make sure I was only charged for two jars. Having never received any emails from them, I was VERY worried that they were some sort of shady company, but they did indeed ship the product I ordered. So aside from their appalling lack of general communication (confirming purchase and shipping), they appear to be credible. Hope this helps (and that you receive your order!).

3 Likes

It sounds like they shipped yours because you used a credit card. Those of us who used PP to pay have not receive anything from them and PP has now voided out my transaction with them. Maybe they just took too long to ship and PP decided it was time to close the transaction. They may have a window for orders to be fulfilled. Glad you received yours.

1 Like

Here’s what PP shows regarding my transaction with this company:

I don’t understand what it means exactly. It says “- $23.37”, which makes it look like the money was taken out of my account, and then the transaction was voided. But there is no invoice showing the $23.37 was put back into my account. So, I wonder what is going on.

Now it says the soft touch is out of stock.

I have no idea. I would think if they oversold when we ordered they would notify us? Like I said earlier, I ordered one from each site and one I just tracked will be here tomorrow. I emailed the other company tonight but haven’t heard anything yet.

2 Likes

The item was listed as in stock when a couple of us ordered it, but later showed out of stock. One of the two I ordered will be here tomorrow, so we’ll wait and see about the other.

1 Like

If it was just on hold, would it have actually been taken out of your account? Or would it just be pending?

I don’t know, because it has a minus in front of the payment amount, which to me makes it look like the amount was taken out of my PP account. Never experienced PP voiding and canceling a transaction before.

I haven’t either :thinking:

That’s what I was thinking. Thought perhaps they ran out but they should notify people. Maybe they only notified PP and that’s why they canceled it. It’s confusing how it reads.

1 Like

I agree! Have you contacted PP about it?

1 Like