Soft touch varnish ** sold out**

After searching thru at least half a dozen web pages, I found someone in the US who has Decoart Americana soft touch varnish IN STOCK! I’ll drop the link here for anyone else who might be searching.

6 Likes

Thanks! I just used this for the first time on my recent baby, and I really like it. Wish I had tried it before now. Was too afraid to try it, but it works great. Not at all as rough as Genesis varnish.

1 Like

I love it! I recently bought the Ultra Matte, which really isn’t matte at all. Even with the cornstarch added in, there was still a bit of sheen. I was in a panic as I was almost out, so I was on a quest!

1 Like

They are out of stock now

Omg are you kidding me? Did I get the last one?

Really? I bought some of that a few weeks ago and haven’t used it yet. Even with the corn starch? That is so weird. Thanks for that info. I wonder why they call it ultra matte. Maybe it is matte on other things that aren’t vinyl.

2 Likes

Its possible seems to go quickly everywhere

1 Like

I don’t know, but I really don’t like it. I had thought about trying one of Goldens varnishes, but really hated to switch. Decoart is out of stock until 2021 - no clue on what month? Now i really feel bad posting this…I had hoped they had a lot in stock :cry:

1 Like

I tried ordering thru a company in Canada, and one in the UK, and neither would ship to the states!

Don’t feel bad. Your post helped. I wonder why DecoArt is so backed up on stock. COVID?

1 Like

I believe so.

1 Like

Another place has it, 8 oz., for $11.99:

3 Likes

How did you find that so quickly? LOL!

Has anyone used this? If so, did you like it? Does it work like the other Soft Touch?

The ultramatt may be a bit shinny but the Softtouch get very shiny over time.

This is the last I have varnish with Softtouch (no cornstarch tho)

2 Likes

I used it on one doll without the corn starch and it looks very similar to your pic. However, with the starch, I love the velvety finish. @anjsmiles recipe is amazing!

3 Likes

The regular Soft Touch varnish gets shiny over time? How long does it last before it goes shiny?

1 Like

What is the recipe, please? I’ve seen it before, but I can’t seem to find it again.

I feel it goes on with a little sheen, and goes shiny fairly quickly

1 Like

It’s 20 drops of distilled water, 1/4 tsp of cornstarch, and 1 level plastic spoon of Soft Touch varnish. Dissolve the corn starch in the water first, and then stir in the varnish.

2 Likes