So angry

This is what I’m talking about. My bank called me. I’ve heard of some freezing transactions until they can figure out what’s going on. But a charge back well after the fact?? That is insane.

5 Likes

I wonder if her husband doesn’t like her purchasing these dolls and he did the chargeback, I suppose there is no way to know unless she were to find out and tell you. Seems rather odd that she had this chargeback before with her bank?? Her last reply truly does sound sincere and I suspect the majority of people who have a good amount of money to spend don’t have any concept off how many of us depend on doll sales to continue to doing what we love. There can be much truth in the saying “starving artist”.

4 Likes

Jean I almost only use 92% alcohol to strip my air dry dolls. I find it works as well as Winston Newton brush cleaner and restorer, it isn’t slippery and soooo much cheaper. I now find it at Wal-Mart and Krogers. The 92% was harder to find at the beginning of Covid 19.

2 Likes

Basically the same thing happened to me with a customer and PayPal. I had all of the emails with the conversations we had before she bought the doll, when she bought the doll and everything after she got the doll saying how great it was. Then all of a sudden I get notification that she’s doing a charge back for an unauthorized transaction. I submitted everything to PayPal and since I had all of our conversations showing that she really did order the doll and she loved it they ended up siding with me. That was PayPal covering me with protection but I really have no idea what her credit card company ended up deciding. In the end that was between them and PayPal. I hope it turns out in your favor. These people just infuriate me

5 Likes

My customer also told me that they did not do the chargeback when I questioned her about it and said that she must’ve been hacked. It was clearly a crock of shiit and just a way for her to try and get me to not stand up for myself. After that she quit responding to anything I sent her.

3 Likes

My Walmart MasterCard is super annoying. They block it all of the time for suspicious activity. They don’t take the money back from something that has cleared but they block my payment lots and I have to phone there and get it straightened out. It actually really gets on my nerves it is very inconvenient.

3 Likes

The thing that makes me think she or hubby authorized the chargeback is the reason stated “item not as described” if it was CC company that did it then it would be for suspicious activity.

This was her first doll and I spoke to hubby via email when it got delayed at customs, he seemed totally ok that she had purchased it.

5 Likes

I would think it was them that did the chargeback for sure. They are just trying to say that they didn’t to get you to fall for the scam

1 Like

The bank didn’t do this. She did.

If the bank had done it the reason would be “unauthorized charge.”

Not item not as described.

That’s according to my cousin who is a banker. She HAS to call the bank and do the chargeback. The only thing the bank does is lock the account down if say…they notice charges from another state than the card holder lives.

I asked my cousin when I read this and that’s what she told me to pass on to you.

6 Likes

Ok thank you, that’s what I thought because I once had my bank freeze my card when my son used it to buy Microsoft points (with my permission), they froze it instantly and I had to call them up, it didn’t make sense to me that a CC company would do this 3 months after a purchase!!

3 Likes

No it’s not the doll with paint rub, this doll has nothing wrong with it and she has never complained, sorry didnt mean to confuse anyone by talking about a different doll

1 Like

Keep all your convos with her. According to my cousin. This should come out in your favor. But it really all depends on who looks at it.

3 Likes

Yes I’m screenshot ting everything but anything new she says I can not add to the dispute at this point because all evidence has been sent to the bank and it won’t allow me to add more

1 Like

You could take her to small claims court if need be.

1 Like

It’s difficult when I’m in UK and she is US, I just have to prepare myself that I may loose and somehow protect myself from it happening again in the future but if I do loose I will make sure she finds it very difficult to buy another doll from an artist again

2 Likes

Yes. If this ends badly please share her information so the rest of us can block her from buying from us.

1 Like

Maybe you should think about getting a different MasterCard?

2 Likes

I recently found this out, and it’s insane. We just purchased a house, an old extremely cheap house, (which is another story) but the title company would not accept a cashier’s check, personal check or cash. We had to go to Walmart and buy $13,500 worth of money orders!

3 Likes

I’m wondering if they thought they could say not authorized and the bank would just put the money back in and when she realized the money was taken back from you she denied it. Or maybe it was an accident. I don’t know what bank she uses, but Wells Fargo periodically calls me from an automated thing for fraud prevention. It says like my last 10 transactions and I have to press 1 or 2 if I authorized the transaction or not. I had one that I had no idea what it was and I pressed 2, they put the money back in my account and I never had to do anything besides press 2 once. If it’s something like that I could see it accidentally happening, obviously not if she had to call or submit a report by mail though :confused:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how hers works, on the transaction it says MasterCard