So angry

I really hope so and there is nothing in the conversation of her saying anything negative about the doll, this was her review of my work

5 Likes

I don’t think that she can get away with this. After all this time? What in the world. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

I know, that’s why I’m so angry, I understand they give their clients time to claim refunds because if you purchased something electrical it could break after a few months and you should be able to get your money back but that policy shouldn’t apply to everything you purchase, potentially you could buy some clothes that are a perfect fit, then put on some weight and 6 months later claim the items not as described because they don’t fit !!

6 Likes

This look to me a SCAM. Sorry for your loss

2 Likes

Your Alexis is absolutely beautiful! That is ridiculous situation and I hope it will be fairly resolved in your favor.

Which rings another question - did your buyer who complained about paint rubbing ever sent you that doll back (if I remember correctly it was Delilah)?

4 Likes

Yes she did, I had a good look at her when she arrived, she had scratches under her chin and scratches near where the paint had rubbed off on the feet, like scratches from finger nails, the paint didn’t just rub off when I tried, I then tried with a bit of hand sanitizer on my hands and it rubbed off fairly easy.
Unfortunately I’m not able to just patch it in so have had to strip the legs and start again, I’m still trying to get all the paint off the limbs before I start so there is no way it just rubbed off by changing the doll once or twice, I think she changed her a lot hence the finger nail scratches.

She is understanding that it’s not going to be a quick fix and Im going to send her a pair of white cotton gloves when I send her back so she can wear them when handling her dolls :joy:

7 Likes

In fact I might start putting white cotton gloves in all my box openings :joy:

3 Likes

Oh my! Fixing is a tougher job than to do it from scratch for me :frowning:

I am going to KS show and I am concern that sellers will even allow to pick-up a doll as lots of people use (and must use) hand sanitizer.
So, in your case your hand sanitizer went even through varnish? What varnish do you use?

2 Likes

I want to know what the sanitizer was. It might be an inexpensive stripper.

7 Likes

It makes me angry too that someone would be able to get away with something like this. I really hope this woman loses. How could it go any other way with all of the evidence you have?

Please consider naming her anyway. None of us want to sell to someone who would even try this.

6 Likes

I use liquitex Matt varnish but I’m not sure it would go through the varnish so easy, the area I tried it on was close to where the paint rubs were so I’m guessing varnish had worn off a bit in those areas, I was concerned about trying it all over the limbs in case it left some dorm of film there that would stop new paint sticking.

1 Like

The hand sanitizer I used was a cheap stores own brand (Tesco) which was alcohol based, I don’t know for sure if she did have that one her hands but I’m guessing she had something like that or an oil based hand cream perhaps

1 Like

So she finally replied to my last message and now I don’t know what to think, is she genuine? Could the mistake be with the bank or is she stringing me along?

5 Likes

IDK. She certainly sounds genuine to me. I guess time will tell. Since this is the 2nd time it’s happened to her she might want to think about changing banks. Something’s not right somewhere.

4 Likes

She certainly sounds genuine… not sure how a bank could just start the charge back process alone though. Doesn’t work that way.

This is confusing.

3 Likes

Sorry, is this the one with the paint spots missing on it? This sounds crazy. maybe she realizes that you’re gonna fight and doesnt want to go thru with whatever she’s trying to do. What is the safest way to not get screwed? COD- cashiers check? I’m serious.

1 Like

I’d say postal money orders or Walmart to Walmart are the safest for the seller. My bank told me cashier’s checks are no longer considered same as cash because they get counterfeited.

5 Likes

The bank did it with my experience. The account holder lives in Florida. The sale was in Utah. The bank did the chargeback.

Had the card holder told the bank they were going to be using their card states away they would have just let the charges go.

But the buyer just resent the money from another card to make things straight and not have to wait on the bank and paypal to decide, etc

5 Likes

Y’all have some wild banks. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

When I was out of the area spending a bunch of money, they called and asked.

4 Likes

This happened to us once. I bought tickets to the fair and monster truck show for the family and the bank put that through fine but without our knowledge disabled hubby’s card because it was a suspicious transaction. We couldn’t get gas. Daughter had to pay. At the fair we couldn’t get cash from the atm for food and that was the whole reason for going :rofl::rofl::rofl: we didn’t find out until Monday when we called the bank what happened we just though maybe his check didn’t clear yet.

It is weird that the bank would do a charge back on a suspicious payment so long after it’s happened if no one complained about it. What business is it of theirs?

4 Likes