Old Easter Swap post...look for new one!

I would love to be paired with someone like you doing alternative babes. I haven’t had time to make any since I’m booked with commissions, but by Easter I know I can squeeze it in.

3 Likes

Oh Maybe there could just be an alternative baby swap sometime in the future, not tied to a holiday or anything. I would love a swap like that.

5 Likes

I don’t want this post to go missing so I am also making my mark.:sweat_smile:

I have two questions: for those of us that didn’t try many things on our first two babies (like mottling) Do they still count as experience? Hopefully that wasn’t confusing! Are air dry paints ok?

1 Like

I think for this time, just one to make things simple. I’ll put you in whichever swap fits you best. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Air dry paints are ok, and although I take into consideration how long you’ve been reborning and how many babies you’ve made, what weighs the most heavily are pictures, allergies and where you’re willing to ship. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t even realize their was a Christmas swap. MISSED OUT! Not sure how I missed it. :frowning: I will join this one!!

6 Likes

Awww thank you! If I signed up, I would be doing a regular baby though, not an alternative one :smile:

3 Likes

I think I may have you beat for that title…I’m SO slow at micro-rooting too! Lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aww no hair! Drat! Anyhow I’ll have a think about this swap and if I will have enough time between what I’m already doing. I’m in Australia so will be international shipping also.
Just a thought Izzy re international shipping…perhaps to keep the costs down, and keeping in mind we all have on hand the materials to assemble the doll, perhaps it could be sent unassembled with some of the lighter materials sent with it, eg cable ties and plugs for limbs if using. As you know , once you add that weight to it up goes the cost. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I thought about that, but while some people may want to save money, others may want to have a fun box opening and cuddle their baby right away. It would be tricky to figure out everything individually. :confused: Maybe there can be a painted kit swap in the future, for now I think it would be less confusing if I keep everything the same. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds like fun I’m in I’ll send to you shortly!

3 Likes

You almays make them looks so adorable

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve just been having a peep at the Christmas swap babies and I agree, it would take away a lot of the enjoyment of seeing that completed bub that everyone enjoyed sooo much. It was only a random wayward thought. Lol

3 Likes

I plan on painting hair.

1 Like

I think it has to be bald:

3 Likes

Oh…okay. It’ll be hard to resist but I can do bald. I left my Presley asleep bald and I cannot imagine him any other way😄

3 Likes

Me either!!! I think certain babies need hair but some have perfect little heads for being bald. @izzy maybe you can add that to the list of questions or something.

2 Likes

So, @izzy, it has to be a BB kit? I know this makes me sound like a turd, but there are very few that I like, like really like. I might hold off till the Realborn contest :smile:

3 Likes

I’m new here…ha…but why couldn’t you just be paired with a pet-friendly person?? I don’t know all the rules.

2 Likes

I have a Pomeranian but he doesn’t come around my reborn stuff plus like clothing & blankets, and things of mine that I send are usually brand new.

1 Like