It seems to be on many kits

Ruby
Sage
Blake

4 Likes

Wow!! And i was gonna buy Blake…im glad i waited

What is going on with this new factory :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I had that problem with Blake I’m just doing him biracial hope it covers it if not a boo boo baby

1 Like

I’m soaking my Ruby kits right now :pleading_face:

To give everyone an update, we are re-inspecting every kit that may have this problem, not just Ruby. We are finding a few others with parts with paint on (though Ruby had the most so far). Like mentioned before, anyone who finds paint on their kit can email sales@bountifulbaby.com for replacement parts. Any future first quality kits sent out should not have this problem.

It may take us a while to get through inspecting everything. There is a chance we may need to pull some of the kits off the website if we are not able to keep up (just until they are inspected).

The paint is hard to see at first until it is washed, but it is easy to feel. A painted area will have a different texture. The paint is really easy to scratch off, which is why it starts to look worse once the kit is washed.

We are very sorry about the trouble this has caused! The factory did assure us that this will not happen again. We will be watching for this closely on future batches until we are sure it is not a problem anymore.

Sincerely,
Jessica

15 Likes

That is so crazy! Like how does that happen? How are factory parts getting individual paint on them?

1 Like

I think they’re being intentionally painted to cover flaws/defects.

7 Likes

I believe that as well!

2 Likes

HOW did it happen in the first place!?
I hope they reimburse you guys!
That is not even close to acceptable.

3 Likes

Makes me think of the other scammers over there in some of the factories making the counterfeit kits. They just can’t be trusted any more. I wish we could still afford to make doll kits in our own country. :frowning:

5 Likes

I washed and inspected my Ruby today. She had paint on her leg, and it was easy to tell because the ankle creases clearly had paint buildup in them. Thankfully the paint comes off easily with Windsor and Newton brush cleaner!!

3 Likes

I feel so bad that this is happening to you all, too. This affects your business and it isn’t fair that this factory is doing things under the table like this. I hope they do keep their word and won’t let it happen again. Seems they are taking advantage of the difficulties brought on by COVID.

7 Likes

I see awful feedback and comments on Facebook about the new factory, new kits, and BB in general. Most of them thinks that BB took the “cheap way” and wont buy from them now with the new factory’s crappy vinyls.

7 Likes

That’s so wrong on the part of those people. BB wouldn’t do that on purpose because it would hurt their business and they have always tried to be open and transparent. Can’t people remember that COVID stuff has screwed up just about everything on the planet? Paint, gas prices, job losses, low stock on all sorts of things??? Ugh.

9 Likes

Bountiful Baby would never knowingly sell inferior products. Unless you’re looking for it, the layer of paint on these kits is very light, and not easily noticeable.

11 Likes

That’s true, I barely noticed it until I washed the kit, that’s when it shows up. I do hope they send me a replacement limb, I really want to paint this kit.

3 Likes

The replacement limb might have the same problem. Apparently it’s a lot of kits. Can you just strip and keep it?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe you were the only person who ‘caught that’!! No one else commented. You think like me Jean!

1 Like