Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 3)

Thank you! They are still so, so pale next to my other dolls so a lot more layers to go!

Still working on megan! Pearl is there for moral suppot :laughing: Im getting close on her, but im not sure what else to add?

14 Likes

I never mix the colours for wash layers. For creases I do both layers and mix.

1 Like

Love her and she looks so sassy in those shades :joy:

1 Like

Thank you. I thought so too :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Working on Bean…

20 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pretty eyes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Getting close to the finish line.

16 Likes

Has anyone else painted Leah and had this issue? Kit is supposed to be first quality. Paint will NOT take in these spots. I didn’t varnish first and now I’m thinking I would rather toss than waste my precious old formula Windsor and Newton to strip her in hopes that varnish will help…would rather save it for if I have an issue with a pricier kit :confused:

7 Likes

Wow! I Windsor Newton something to use sparingly?

1 Like

Yes, in the reborn groups on Facebook artists have been sharing that the formula has changed. It can barely clean brushes now let alone remove paint from a kit :disappointed:

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard that. Thanks for the heads up…

1 Like

I havent but if varnish seals it, keep going. Make her a baby with Vitiligo :heart:

3 Likes

Ooh smart- will try that. Thanks, Jenni!

1 Like

Natural candidate for it!

3 Likes

I’ve painted her twice or maybe three times :thinking:. Didn’t have any issues. It was long before Covid though when there didn’t seem to be any issues

1 Like

Someone on Facebook said that “Goof Off” was great for removing paint…

4 Likes

I just had to use it to take the paint off. It’s pungent and strong and makes the vinyl shiny but it’s not like acetone that can make the vinyl not accept paint. I use cotton rounds and qtips and then scrub with dish soap afterwards.

5 Likes

Finish Steven silicone after a very too long time. I was planning to just sell the kit painted but had a potential buyer so I painted some hair and assemble it. Was the toughest silicone painting I have done. Neck broken by a giant bubble, full of paint blobs, powder that didn’t stick whatever I tried, mark were it was resting…not my best job.

18 Likes