Let’s show our WIP part 4 (Part 3)

Working on Christmas cuddles Kimi, Thomas & Zuri…

18 Likes

I bet it was more cold feet than anything. The undertones look perfectly fine. I try not to show early WIP. People don’t understand it.

Edited to add: there is an ugly stage that most of mine go through and it’s between the first few layers and the final skin tone :smile:

10 Likes

She felt she looked to pale and blue making her look dead. I tried to explain that her skintone would be warmed up and she would look differently when finished. She didn’t ask to back out but after talking with her I felt she was not going to be happy with her and I didnt want that. I offered to just start another kit for her and leave off a lot of the blue undertones and mottling which she didnt really like either. I am going to try and just do more of the simple painting on her and hopefully she will like her better.

4 Likes

My wip photos or any of my photos arent necessarily for the purpose of a potential buyer. I dont have a nursery or even actually work to try and sell dolls, it is just for fun. I put them on my fb page for my own documentation of my painting adventure! Lol
Maybe I need to just hide that folder because trying to match someone’s expectation really does take the fun out of it for me.

7 Likes

Ah, I see. I just assumed you were photographing for her approval. It can be super frustrating having eyes on your work. Sometimes even having a potential buyer takes the fun out of my painting. I no longer feel like it’s mine if I have someone planning to buy. It’s hard to paint freely when someone is watching even when it’s not a custom.

7 Likes

When I have a new customer for a custom, I have this exact spiel “reborns go through many ugly and scary looking stages before they are finished, so don’t be alarmed when you see the baby looking too red, too blue, etc…” Some of the WIP pics they really need to be prepared for :rofl:

7 Likes

Echo got her new eyes in the mail today! Much better!

30 Likes

Beautiful!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow what a beautiful baby🥰
Where do you get the little hat? I love these kind but don’t know what to call it to look some up.

1 Like

It’s from Kate Quinn :blush: They do lots of sales and have so many different colors and patterns! I usually can get them for around 3 dollars a piece!

3 Likes

thank you! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Beautiful

1 Like

Wowwww :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

If it would be me, I would not deal with those people at all again.

5 Likes

It was a friend of a friend and I was just trying to help out. Hopefully I have learned a good lesson. :grin:

4 Likes

I spent the week making a new batch of gym suits. Dropped them off at the gym in time for people to do their Christmas shopping.
IMG_6357
IMG_6356
IMG_6355
IMG_6354
IMG_6353
IMG_6352

14 Likes

Monorooting Pikle…
My right side and neck are so in pain :frowning:

22 Likes

My daughter would go absolutely gaga over these!

1 Like

Dang, @YelenaRey- so beautifully perfect!

1 Like

Looking really good though. No pain no gain :rofl::rofl:

1 Like