Laura

@chatrat @jlesser @quiltsabunch You bunch of pervs made me laugh SO hard!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (I needed that today). I like it! A lot. I like the deeper crease behind the knee. It makes it look more realistic to me. I just wonder if the baby went to a very hot climate if it would undo the repositioned legs. I donā€™t like the lump between the legs (which will be covered by a diaper), but this is the first reborn Iā€™ve seen that the legs were in an anatomically correct position. Newborns have skinny little hips. Most reborns have the legs stuck on the sides of the hips, especially the ones with limb caps. Iā€™ve actually been working on trying to design a body that would position the legs correctly, like this one but without the lump. I will figure it out because it really bugs me.

7 Likes

Your creases are super realistic.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I just donā€™t know why she didnā€™t have the body made with a smaller piece of material there in the first place

4 Likes

Exactly my thought !

2 Likes

The lines on the legs are so. Realistic as well as the hands. If you look at a newborn leg they often have this before filling out. It usually goes with baggy little wrinkled knees, so cute. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations! How wonderful that you were chosen to do a prototype ~ sheā€™s so beautiful! Her hair and skin tones are just perfection :two_hearts:

I was just looking at the Reborns site and noticed that 2 Lauras have been adopted already! I havenā€™t even washed my kit yet :rofl:

6 Likes

Some have received their kit sooner by mistake I think. Not fairšŸ˜•

2 Likes

Ohhhhhā€¦okay. I paint at a snailā€™s pace these days, but I saw those already painted and adopted and thought WOW, I really AM a slug! :joy:

4 Likes

Bonnie posted this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

you are very welcome!!!
hUgs B XO

6 Likes

That makes more sense to meā˜ŗļø I couldnā€™t see what she was going for with that !

2 Likes

Yeah this is what bothers me ā€¦she showed how to ā€œfixā€ the legs, and now how to ā€œfixā€ the body. Why should we have to do that with a brand new kit?!

7 Likes

She explained in the video why the legs come out of the mold the way they do. She offered a way to fix it, but itā€™s not a requirement. Iā€™m sure the stitch that pulls the legs together could easily be snipped and removed, but I think the way the legs lay with it is much more realistic.

6 Likes

I hate that little thingamabob behind the bent legs. Iā€™m going to start doing this with all my kits. :joy:

6 Likes

That is the real baby, right?

1 Like

Mine arrived today. I have been waiting almost 3 years for this kit, and am so happy itā€™s finally here. As for the thing behind the knees, I have seen worse. Ethan by Nicole Russell had a very noticeable one and I donā€™t know if it would have been fixable by heating. It just had to be shaded in such a way as to not bring much attention to it, and pose him in strategic ways. You can kind of see it in this pic. Not the best lighting.

Lauraā€™s donā€™t look that bad to me.

I donā€™t see any glitter on my kits. One of them was a lot oilier on the surface than the other. I like the envelopes and COAs. Did everyone elseā€™s COA envelopes come sealed? I felt kind of weird breaking them open to look at the COA.

8 Likes

Greta Arcello too

6 Likes

My COA was in a carboard envelopeā€¦ unsealed but the sticky strips cover was off so when I pulled it out it slightly stuck to the COA and made a matte spot on the gloss finish :frowning:

4 Likes

Ouch. The glue on the envelopes is rather powerful.

Both of my envelopes were completely sealed and had to be pried open with some muscle. Yikes.

4 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes