Laura

I must have said that the gifts where for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotion as I got Laura and a bunch of stuff.

I don’t see any shimmer on mine.

1 Like

I don’t see any “shimmer” on mine.

1 Like

Bonnie put a video on YouTube about how to (after the baby is completely finished) bring the legs into an even tighter bend to hide the reinforcement behind the knees. I don’t have one of the kits but sounds like that’s what she’s recommending to get a better look. Don’t have a link but it’s on her YouTube channel under her name.

1 Like

Here it is

5 Likes

I saw this video. I think it doesn’t make the body look good, I don’t like that bulge.

3 Likes

The other one is the leg bend one. Not this one (which I dont like the “bulge” look of either)

4 Likes

I can’t be the only one who watched that video and thought the end result looked like labial folds?

5 Likes

Yeah it was a hard NO from me :wink:

4 Likes

I actually giggled, then felt embarrassed for looking :flushed:

1 Like

More like a scrotum.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I kept thinking, what an unknowing customer might say when they changed the diaper?

I won’t be giving mine a bulge :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Not gonna be no “package” in mine either

3 Likes

It’s not a bad idea, if it’s done differently. Maybe by sewing the middle seam instead of the legs opening.
As for the bent leg, I would be affraid it will pop right back it’s original form after filling it.

4 Likes

That’s my worry too. Wonder if an armature could help keep it in place, weight and all?

I did one of the Laura prototypes and I bent the legs like that after I was done painting and varnishing them. They didn’t change shape when I filled them and as far as I can tell from her owners photos, they still haven’t changed shape. So I think it works pretty well! I loved how her legs looked all scrunched up like that and it made her super cuddly as well.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

I’m super interested in the lines on the thighs! Was that intentional? If so, what does it represent? I think she is beautiful! I don’t mind stitching up the body as my dolls wear diapers, but if I was selling, I’d definitely disclose/ask the customers preference!

1 Like

Personally I don’t really see anything wrong with the legs just the way they are, after all they usually have clothes on and nobody is going to be investigating them anyway, you just see a beautifully done baby when finished. JMO

6 Likes

She’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I got mine yesterday! She is very beautiful and incredibly realistic. Love the card. I actually like the little lines on her legs. Makes her look more squishy/newborn wrinkly imo. I also like her elbow creases too.

6 Likes