It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown!

I got him light enough hopefully with the washes. I startd mottling, but I went light with it as his base is already much deeper than a blank kit, and I don’t think I’ll have to do as many washes. We’ll see! I have to be able to fix him as he’s out of stock. I love the sleeping Dominic, but I feel the awake version lacks in facial detail, but maybe that’s just me?

1 Like

It’s improved a bit but still on the peachy side :wink:

1 Like

You will get it, you will probably need to adjust the color on the limbs eventually.
I like the asleep version way more !

1 Like

Yes his limbs aren’t finished.

1 Like

I’m interested in how it turns out with my Duckljn I think she might need so many layers it add at inches and weight to her face​:joy::grin::joy:! I wish you you luck, I hope it works for I WI!l try theis with Ducklin.

1 Like

I’ll definitely keep you posted!

1 Like

So here’s where he is today. He’s still orange :expressionless:. I haven’t put any primary layers on mostly out of fear of making him more orange. Should I just keep doing blue washes? The pic doesn’t show up the orange that I still see in looking at him.

1 Like

I just added a very see thru light flesh wash and a swampy green wash, which I think helped a lot to negate some of the pink hues.

7 Likes

I realize he is very pale still, but I’m just trying to get his base a little more neutral before I go adding any color. I think he’s starting to see things my way!

2 Likes

By George, I think you’ve got it!

2 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

Definitely moving in the right direction finally! This head is killing me! Lol

1 Like

That’s great !

1 Like

He’s beautiful!!

1 Like

Thank you! I think I passionately hate this kit LOL! I feel he lacks a ton in detail. Sleeping Dominic is way sweeter.

1 Like

Awe!! That’s no fun painting a kit you hate. I’ve been there never to do it again lol.

1 Like

Hate is a pretty strong word - I’ll explain. This is a custom, so his Mama picked hair, eyes and tone. Sadly, I feel the eyes have to much of a purple hue and it pulls out all of the red around the eyes. She chose an extremely pale shade of blonde… There isn’t a drop of highlights - it’s just a pale shade of light yellow… It looks truly awful. I convinced her to let me add some ash blonde to it to tone down the color a bit, so that’s why I have to keep him fairly light. And if all those components fighting me weren’t enough. … He turned muddy and had to be stripped… 3 times🙄 I’ll be lucky to make a nickel off this baby as he’s costed me dozens and dozens of super frustrating hours of work. Hence my hatred of him Lol

3 Likes

Here’s where he is today. Honestly I feel like I’m fighting an uphill battle. I think I’m most disappointed with this kit because he is more “dolly” looking and I keep painting waiting for some level of realism to appear and it just isn’t happening… And it’s frustrating. So I’m taking a break from him tomorrow so I can finish meki and get her sealed and ready for hair. The only thing I’ve added to the limbs is one light flesh layer. I’ll need to add more to bring them a little closer together.

4 Likes

Girl I think he’s adorable!!

1 Like

Are you wanting to make him more babyish?

1 Like