It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Thank you, that’s sweet… He has kicked my butt!

1 Like

Have you painted him?

1 Like

Not the awake one

1 Like

Dang Lol! I just feel he’s missing something. Mottling was tough - everything, every color looks off against the orange.

I really think his coloring is gorgeous. He looks warm and healthy! Add some mottling on his cheeks. Make it stand out more. He will look more babyish

Make it rashy?

1 Like

Lol you have no idea how scared I am to even pick him up!

1 Like

:joy: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Not touching him for 24 hours :expressionless:

1 Like

I sincerely think he is perfect and very lifelike !

3 Likes

You have no idea how much I appreciate that… Thank you :heart:

2 Likes

I agree! He’s perfect! Maybe you’re being really hard on yourself. :grin:

1 Like

I understand your frustration I think he still looks quite orange. Tonight I was looking at my orange Ducklin I think he is even more orange, especially where I stripped his hair. Could we spray paint them first, maybe a paint that works on plastic? Would Golden paint adhere to this? probably sounds very crazy. Ill take a picture tomorrow.
I live in Dallas and we are having wicked cold and lots of snow. Way weird for US. I pray that homeless folks throughout the nation have found shelter, such a sad way to have to survive!

2 Likes

I probably am…I am my own worst critic - I think we all are! I’m mostly just frustrated and disappointed as his tones just aren’t what I wanted them to be. If he weren’t a custom, he would have been an AA baby as initially his tones just went deeper on the head way faster than his limbs. I would have just went with that as he looked really good. I’m also concerned on his hair making him appear more orange later. I adore the woman I am making him for, and I’m always honest about any imperfection - real, imagined, or otherwise. She thinks he’s gorgeous, which is great, but when I look at him, I see a pumpkin with eyes :roll_eyes: Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement!

3 Likes

the only other avenue that I had considered, but haven’t tried, is an old trick that I have read about where you would paint the inside of the head/limbs with blue to give a blue hue on the outside of the vinyl. I"m not sure if it would work, but I’m certain there are some old school artists on here that could tell you how it’s done.

I get this! It’s happened to me more than once where I couldn’t for the life of me get the Gray tones down. I hated the doll and was hoping they wouldn’t notice. lol. I don’t do customs, this was up for sale, but still no matter what I did the vinyl wouldn’t correct and just got darker gray. But see! She loves him. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t like doing customs…they are very nerve wracking and they take away a lot of artistic freedom. It’s also way more time consuming as you are constantly sending pics and making adjustments, and lets face it - you have to have completely accurate photos for that to happen After these three are shipped, I’m not doing anymore for a while - I simply want to paint what I want when I want how I want! I’m also planning on learning how to completely and successfully color correct the color orange :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not good enough plus it’s way too stressful for me LOL. I’m asked if I do customs and say that I don’t. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Your babies are good enough…you sell yourself short!

1 Like

When I do customs my customer gets to choose kit, gender, skin tone, hair color and eye color. The rest is up to me. I do not send constant WIP photos. I’ll send one before I ship it to make sure they like it. Maybe one partway through so they know I’m actually working on it. That’s it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the last couple I have done were more in their child’s likeness. Not quite portraits, but close, so there’s a lot of back and forth.

1 Like