Has anyone seen this?

It’s suppose to light up and warm the head while rooting :grin:

9 Likes

That’s a great idea, especially for kits with harder vinyl :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great, I ordered one. It comes from the German seller I get my needles from. :slight_smile:

Ladies, before you rush and order one; Europe has 230V power and USA is only 120V. Not sure how would the lamp go. I do know how it goes the other way; if you plug in American appliance without a transformer into our or European power point, it burns out i matter of seconds.

However this lamp runs on refrigerator light globe, so it would not be too difficult to make one.

3 Likes

This makes me wonder if a heat lamp for a reptile would work. I have bought them from pet stores for snakes and lizards growing up.

5 Likes

What about using one of the Euro-to-US power/plug adapters?

UPDATE: OH Look, they actually sell one with the converter already with it
http://www.heavenly-illusions.de/shop1/de/rootingzubehoer/waerme-lampe1

4 Likes

@ludmila
Which colors of the rooting needles do you use?

Please tell us what you think when you try it! :grinning:

2 Likes

Very interesting but how would You fill the head with rags or poly pellets to keep the head firm with a light in it?

1 Like

I root with an empty head. …that just sounds bad! :wink:

5 Likes

Maybe it wouldn’t need to be stuffed if the light kept it soft enough for needle to penetrate easily. The only reason it collapses when rooting it because the needle is having a hard time getting through the vinyl or it’s a super soft vinyl. If it’s already soft enough that the needle goes through easily then you more than likely wouldn’t need the light anyway…then you could just stuff that one and use the light on the hard ones.

2 Likes

LOL I did not scroll that far down. :slight_smile:
i have been so lazy with rooting that I have still not finished the head I have been working on since November 2014 - yes almost 15 months. Now, I will have no excuse; cannot wait to have her finished:

2 Likes

I have all of them, but mainly use the black (1 barb) for normal microrooting. For eyelashes I use the blue. Originally my favorite was the pink

O…M…g…that’s perf.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna order it and try it out :grin:

1 Like

I would like the smallest ones I can get, so if they come in a pack of three I will order that

1 Like

I do not even remember when I had a head so soft that I had to do something like that