***** Christmas Baby Challenge - 2015 *****

That is sooooo amazing…so do you have to have photography experience to be able to use the photoshop? Like would total amateurs be able to catch on to what to do…or do you have to have some sort of knowledge of photography? That is wonderful that you 2 are photographers…also, I just wanted to say that you are one of the most ‘bubbly’ people ever…Your post are always very delightful! :smile: and yes…you SHOULD be a sales rep for photoshop…hahahaha!

2 Likes

The original. Isn’t that cool how you can change them like that? Okay, sorry for hogging the thread. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awwww LOL My husband is totally the opposite. I get mad at him when he responds with, shrug “You look fine, babe.” Seriously? Jump up and down, dummy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think it is because I grew up in theater. Lol But NO, you do not need photography experience! You can pick it up and it is so fun! I’ll post in Off Topic later with some fun stuff, if you guys wanna see. I can even do a tutorial or two some time and show you how to do some stuff. Its really fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome…we all chat about all kinds of things on this forum and on every thread so I don’t think anyone is offended…definitely not me…Loving it! How long does it take to do something like you have done for this pic?

1 Like

That sounds great…would love to see some of your work and definitely the tutorials would be great just to give us an idea what’s involved and if it looks like something we can do…lol I would love to try it out if it is amateur friendly… :wink:

2 Likes

Not long at all on this one. The backdrop I used was black velvet-ishs stuff, so it is REALLY easy to color match in PS. I just crop it to size, adjust brightness/contrast levels, and on this I just painted Mommy’s head out. Sorry, Jamie. Haha. :wink: It was maybe an hour…? It all depends on what your original is like and what you want the finished image to be like. Oh and I zoomed in and cleared up some of baby’s acne, but that’s just me being weird. Most people wouldn’t even notice some of the tiny things I go “fix.” Well, maybe THIS forum would since we paint all those tiny details on. LOL

Do you know how to do a template miss kitty? I bought one… And I can not figure it out!!! It even has good directions!!!

1 Like

That’s why a lot of reborners put the note: “unretouched photos” in their advertising. Because if someone wanted to, they could easily make a reborn look a lot better (or worse, if so inclined) than it actually is.

I need to have my acne, wrinkles and age spots (who says life is fair?) Photoshopped off my face in real life… :laughing:

3 Likes

Hahahhahahaha! that was funny…Maybe we could all send our photos to Miss Kitty and have her fix us all up…It would be a really great way to see just how good photoshop really is…lol :smile:

4 Likes

I can do this. Heeheehee

3 Likes

Yeah. Is it the kind that you just pop your pics into?

I think so!!! Lolololol and words hahaha

1 Like

Were you able to use Elements to do the cat and kid photo? Or do use a different, fancier, photoshop? I still think it is just plain weird that you guys started talking about this today. I spent the morning away from the forum because I was researching and ordering Elements 13. What a coincidence.

2 Likes

That’s not my pic, @hanojane :slight_smile: but you can totally do that with PS. It’s sooooo fun! :slight_smile:

Me too Nikki! I have to learn sooo much!! LoL!!

1 Like

DOESN’T MATTER IF YOU ARE A NEWBIE OR AN EXPERIENCED ARTIST - EVERYONE IS WELCOME

This is a special invitation to all you new ladies who have recently joined the forum (and any of our regulars who may have missed this topic or are undecided)…We’re having a Christmas baby challenge and would love to have you come join the party! IT’S JUST FOR FUN…A WAY TO GET INTO THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT DOING SOMETHING YOU ALREADY LOVE! and it finishes in time for you to list and sell your baby for some extra Christmas dollars or give as a gift. Most of us will be making Christmas babies anyway so send in your photos and come join the fun.

GENERAL RULES: (A bit boring but necessary!)

1. Doll pictures can not be displayed on any other sites until after voting, This includes Facebook, Ebay, other social and sale sites, etc

2. No one should reveal what doll kit they will be doing - like receiving a Christmas pressie - this should be a total surprise!!!

3. You may enter more than one baby if you wish…

4. The voting is open to FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

5. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

6. Pictures can be submitted at any time to my email address - butterfliesandbows@live.com

7. We need 2 pictures for each entry - 1 close up face shot and 1 full body shot

OK, Now the FUN PART!!!

THEME: Christmas - This can be achieved by the sculpt you choose or the way you dress your baby…No other rules apply.

DOLL KIT: Any Doll Kit of your choice (preferably a BB kit if possible) - This is a great way to go through your stash and clear out a few of those 'cobwebbed kits and make some dolly dollars or extra Christmas funds!

START DATE: Officially to start immediately after the HALLOWEEN BABY CHALLENGE but those of you who want to get started now…Go for it.

FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: November 27th - This is the Friday right after Thanksgiving so you have lots of time to get those creative juices flowing and get your photos in and it will allow voting to be finished on the 30th so that you can list you babies for sale in plenty of times for Christmas Shoppers. (It also allows you to focus on family and your Thanksgiving festivities up to Thanksgiving and once that is behind you, you can get down to business and get your votes in…)

VOTING: Voting will be done on a 'Star Rating" system -

Voters will designate stars for their choices - I will make up a template similar to Michele’s - (I thought that was a brilliant and easy to use system - Way to go Michele!)

1st Choice - 3 stars
2nd Choice - 2 stars
3rd Choice - 1 star

VOTING WILL BE OPEN - NOVEMBER 28TH - 30TH (and must be submitted by November 30th - 9pm EST.)
(I will have to figure out when that is since we are 15 hours ahead of you here in Oz but I’ll be ready…lol)

You may vote for your own baby if you feel it is the best…
You can only cast your votes once.

This is pretty much an artist choice challenge…There is going to be some pretty tough voting on this one with so many talented ladies but it will be a total blast and I am looking forward to seeing all the babies. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

:notes:-------------Snowin’ and blowin’ up bushels of fun, Now the the jingle hop has begun… :notes: lalalalalalalalalala… :notes:

5 Likes

I’m gonna still try and do this one with 3 secret babies! Woooooo :0) This is still happening, right? :gift_heart::gift_heart::christmas_tree::santa::gift:

Wrong post @Miss_Kitty, contact @Rnd210

1 Like

I’m so dumb, never mind.

1 Like